  • Miriam L. Mueller

    Miriam L. Mueller Oct. 1, 2001, 6:17 p.m. (Message 27617)

    Re: What do you think about this?

    Ironically, in our area, the Scottish Country Dance groups are more open
    socially and more social on the floor - we're always glad to welcome a
    prospective new partner, and dances always begin and end with bows and
    courtseys (sp?). At the last contra dances I attended, eye contact was
    often at a minimum, and the moment the dance ended my partner was gone to
    look for someone for the next dance. It may have to do with my grey hair,
    but at least at Scottish there's the illusion, in that final salute, that
    they wanted to dance with me.
    Miriam Mueller, San Francisco