  • Marilynn Knight

    Marilynn Knight Sept. 26, 2001, 1:28 p.m. (Message 27527)

    RE: Ramblewood music

    And Paul Henle, on drums, who has also played with Tullochgorum for 15
    years.....!

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Patricia Ruggiero [mailto:xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx]
    Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 10:37 PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Ramblewood music

    Anselm wrote:

    >This must be the CD `Memories of Scottish Weekend', which I believe has
    been mentioned before on this list. I picked up a copy a couple of years ago
    and the only thing I regret about it is that it isn't number 20 in a 20-CD
    series of similar recordings.

    You'll be pleased to know, then, that it will soon be number 1 of 2.  Next
    year's Saturday night ball will be recorded.

    >The sheer energy of some of these tracks is hardly believable.

    The music at Ramblewood is always like that, owing to the organizing skills
    of Liz Donaldson, who has always been the Music Chair.  The core band is
    always Findhorn: Liz (piano), Ralph Gordon (bass), Steve Hickman (fiddle),
    and Marty Taylor (flute, piccolo, concertina); this guarantees that the
    music will at least be excellent.  Add to that the different guest musicians
    such as Earl Gadddis, Barbara McOwen, Anne Hooper, Calum MacKinnon, Alasdair
    Fraser, Elke Baker, David Knight, David Wiesler, and Susie Petrov; throw in
    Dan Emery, piper; and the music moves from merely excellent to thrilling,
    exhilarating, breathtaking, and astonishingly beautiful and powerful.

    Pat