  • James Crandall

    James Crandall Sept. 26, 2001, 1:11 a.m. (Message 27516)

    Re: Island CD Survey

    Anselm Lingnau wrote:

    > Since we seem to be back on track with SCD-related topics, here's
    > another little fun project for those of you who would like to play
    > along.
    >
    > Imagine you were to spend a year on a South Sea island. Which three SCD
    > CDs would you want to take along? (Let's imagine that there is an ample
    > supply of monkeys around who would be more than happy to fill out a set
    > once the coconuts and bananas are cleared away; the point is that these
    > three CDs will be the only ones available. Oh yes, and the monkeys have
    > all passed the RSCDS proficiency test so they will be able to dance
    > whichever dance you fancy :^))
    >
    > Please post your lists here or send them to `xxxxxx-xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx'.
    > I will collect the results and put them on a page on the Strathspey
    > Server unless the submitters object. To start things off, my own list
    > would be (in alphabetical order):
    >
    >   - Cairngorms (Keith Smith and Muriel Johnstone)
    >   - Memories of Scottish Weekend (Scottish Weekend Band 1998)
    >   - The San Francisco Collection, vol. 2 (Various)
    >
    > Anselm
    > --
    > Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    > In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain.
    >                                                              -- Pliny the Elder

    I only have about 14 CDs of SCD, but of those my favorites are:

    The Music Makers,  Ghillies on the Golden Gate (Fiddlesticks and Ivory) and
    Live (John Taylor and Andy Imbrie).   If Phil Cunningham had  such a CD, that would
    probably be on the list.

    Jim Crandall
    San Diego