  • RuddBaron

    RuddBaron Sept. 18, 2001, 8:14 p.m. (Message 27418)

    Re: Afghan opinion

    In a message dated Tue, 18 Sep 2001  1:34:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    Tim Harrison <xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx> writes:

    > We are all hyphenated Americans or descended from them, unless Native American.

    Harrison
    > -- Austin, Texas

    --- A "Native" of anywhere is someone who was born there. The so
    called "NAtive Americans," meaning American Indians, also are
    immigrants. My family has been here 10 generations...before this
    country was this country. I was born here. I am, therefore, a native.
    As for hyphens...especially in a time of war there is no room for a
    half-assed committment. We must be united as Americans. Hyphens split
    us up.

    s/RBJ