  • Marilynn Knight

    Marilynn Knight Sept. 17, 2001, 7:41 p.m. (Message 27396)

    RE: attracting new/young folks

    Oooh, Seonaid, that list... I'd love to see it.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: xxxxxxx.xxxx@xxxxxx.xxx [mailto:xxxxxxx.xxxx@xxxxxx.xxx]
    Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 2:32 PM
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Re: attracting new/young folks

    New Scotland (Edinburgh Uni) tend to have that problem, and last year was
    worse than usual in that we kept getting large groups of beginers all the
    way through the year.  A group of us got together and put together a list of
    dances which were then graded for their difficulty and also for how often
    they had been done.  This gave us a list of dances that were not known to
    the majority of our members, but were within the realms of dancability for
    new dancers.  I think it did work, as we were able to keep more of our
    beginers than usual, and most of the "old faithful brigade" kept coming too.

    Seonaid

    talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
    http://www.talk21.com