looking for correct pronunciation

Susie Petrov

April 22, 2013, 8:19 p.m. (Message 63976)

Hi All,

Somewhere in the back of my mind the title of "Lady Home's Jig" is
not pronounced "Home" as in the place where I live.  Might someone
please comment and enlighten?

Many thanks!
Susie Petrov
Boston, USA
Chris & Linda Gaul

Chris & Linda Gaul

April 22, 2013, 8:23 p.m. (Message 63977, in reply to message 63976)

I've always pronounced it "Hume".

Linda
From a very windy Pitlochry
Chris Ronald

Chris Ronald

April 22, 2013, 8:29 p.m. (Message 63978, in reply to message 63976)

Hi Susie,

The last two editions of TAC Notes (2008 and 2012) have included the
pronunciation of dance names.

For this dance, it gives "hume", as Linda says.

This pronunciation would be consistent with the pronunciation of British
Prime Minister Sir Alec Douglas-Home's name - quite possibly the same
family.

Chris, New York.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Linda Gaul <xxx.xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>wrote:
Agnes MacMichael

Agnes MacMichael

April 22, 2013, 8:36 p.m. (Message 63979, in reply to message 63976)

I agree with Linda. Like lord Home .
Agnes
West Lothian

Sent from Samsung Galaxy on O2