looking for correct pronunciation

  • ...

    Susie Petrov April 22, 2013, 8:19 p.m. (Message 63976)

    Hi All,

    Somewhere in the back of my mind the title of "Lady Home's Jig" is
    not pronounced "Home" as in the place where I live.  Might someone
    please comment and enlighten?

    Many thanks!
    Susie Petrov
    Boston, USA
  • ...

    Chris & Linda Gaul April 22, 2013, 8:23 p.m. (Message 63977, in reply to message 63976)

    I've always pronounced it "Hume".

    Linda
    From a very windy Pitlochry
  • ...

    Chris Ronald April 22, 2013, 8:29 p.m. (Message 63978, in reply to message 63976)

    Hi Susie,

    The last two editions of TAC Notes (2008 and 2012) have included the
    pronunciation of dance names.

    For this dance, it gives "hume", as Linda says.

    This pronunciation would be consistent with the pronunciation of British
    Prime Minister Sir Alec Douglas-Home's name - quite possibly the same
    family.

    Chris, New York.

    On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Linda Gaul <xxx.xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>wrote:
  • ...

    Agnes MacMichael April 22, 2013, 8:36 p.m. (Message 63979, in reply to message 63976)

    I agree with Linda. Like lord Home .
    Agnes
    West Lothian

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy on O2