favourite books

WENDY LOBERG

June 1, 2008, 10:43 p.m. (Message 52572)

Hello,

I am going to order some books from Tac.  I really helped when some listed
their favourite CD's.  Could we do the same with books.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Thanks,  Wendy
Monica Pollard

Monica Pollard

June 2, 2008, 12:14 a.m. (Message 52574, in reply to message 52572)

Some of these you may already have, but I'll list my favs anyway, in
no particular order;

'Briefs for 100 Favorite Dances & 63 More' by the Madison, WI, group.
I'm frequently glad I have it with me. :)
The Collins SCD book
the Pillings book
The Canadian Book, by John Drewry.  (incl. Atholl Brose, Bees of
Maggieknockater, Hamilton's Strathspey, Haunt of the Gnomes, The St.
Nicholas Boat, etc.)
the two MacNab books

There are certainly more wonderful books out there, but these have
been very helpful for me.

Monica

--
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a
horrible warning."

Peter Price

June 2, 2008, 1:06 a.m. (Message 52575, in reply to message 52574)

Terry Glasspool's 2 books - 7 Year Itch and An Itch to Dance have many
wonderful dances in them.

I have also found the Santa Fe group's book - Always Enough to Dance to be
indispensable since I often have 4 and 5 dancers waiting for  the next 2 to
show up.

Peter Price
WENDY LOBERG

WENDY LOBERG

June 2, 2008, 1:31 a.m. (Message 52577, in reply to message 52575)

I have An Itch to Dance and went looking for 7 Year Itch but Tacbooks does
not have it.

Ummm,

Wendy
Mike Briggs

Mike Briggs

June 2, 2008, 5:29 a.m. (Message 52581, in reply to message 52574)

Monica, as one of the editors of "100+63,"  I'm really touched that you
like our little book.

And now for the shameless commercial message:

The Madison group (now the John Muir (Wisconsin) Branch) has a few
copies of the book left.  For details, see:

    http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/mscd/hundredsixtythree.htm

When we've sold all that we have left, we'll start work on a new
edition.  Your suggestions for dances to add and subtract are welcome.

Mike

--
   BRIGGS LAW OFFICE
Michael and Norma Briggs

Rebecca Sager

June 2, 2008, 2:15 a.m. (Message 52578, in reply to message 52572)

Try getting it directly from Terry Glasspool:
http://home.stny.rr.com/glasshall/dances.html

Becky

Becky Sager
Marietta GA USA

-- "WENDY LOBERG" <xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xx> wrote:
I have An Itch to Dance and went looking for 7 Year Itch but Tacbooks does
not have it.

Ummm,

Wendy
Bruce Herbold

Bruce Herbold

June 2, 2008, 5:53 a.m. (Message 52582, in reply to message 52572)

A few favorites

Bob Campbell's Glasgow Assembly
Drewry's Brodie, Silver Tassie, and Rondel collections (in adition to Canadian)
Dunsmuir Collection
Cosh's 22 dances
Goldring starting with the graded and social books, but you can't go wrong
Ladies of Dunse, but the tip of the iceberg of good recent collections
- Vancouver, Hamilton, and on and on - an embarrassment of riches
and with a final self-serving suggestion I'd include the SF class's
new Measures of Pleasure -- which includes some lovely new Tim Wilson
dances

Bruce Herbold
San Francisco