Bruce Herbold

Re: looking for correct pronunciation

April 22, 2013, 9:22 p.m. (Message 63982, in reply to message 63979)

the apocryphal story I heard was the The Leader of the clan was in trouble
during a battle and called out "To Home" - at which many thought he was
intending a retreat rather than a rescue.  Having survived that he then
insisted that his name would be pronounced differently than the place of
residence.  A good story whatever its veracity.

--
Bruce Herbold
San Francisco

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause
and reflect." - Mark Twain