unsubscribe

Catherine

Jan. 9, 2004, 5:24 a.m. (Message 37485)

I know that this isn't the right address for unsubscribing, but when
my computer crashed earlier this year, I lost addresses. Could someone
please let me know the unsubscribe address ASAP, as I am going
overseas in 2 days time.
Thank you in advance
Catherine linnen
Anselm Lingnau

Anselm Lingnau

Jan. 9, 2004, 8:37 a.m. (Message 37490, in reply to message 37485)

Catherine Linnen wrote:

> I know that this isn't the right address for unsubscribing, but when my
> computer crashed earlier this year, I lost addresses. Could someone please
> let me know the unsubscribe address ASAP, as I am going overseas in 2 days
> time.

Just for the record: The unsubscribing instructions are attached to every
single Strathspey message, albeit in a non-obvious place -- there is a header
saying  »List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>«.
This is in principle preferable to attaching clear-text instructions to the
bottom of every message, as many lists do, because it follows a set standard
(RFC 2369, for those of you who must know), and e-mail programs can use the
headers to put up, say, a »mailing list management« menu with actions to
subscribe, unsubscribe, post to the list etc. Unfortunately, not so many do!

There are a few other ways of getting at instructions for the mailing list.
You can consult the relevant pages on the Strathspey Server
(http://www.strathspey.org/mailinglist, to be exact), or send an empty
message to »xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx«.

Anselm
Strathspey list manager