non-SCD postings

Jana Hopper

Jan. 17, 2001, 4:23 p.m. (Message 24416)

Hi Peter and all,

I would never have considered posting the Natalie MacMaster info had there
not been a considerable number (15+ at first glance) of postings about her
(and tangential non-SCD related subjects) just a few days ago.....so I
thought some folks would be interested.

Hope all of you have a great day!

Jana
Thomas G. Mungall, III

Thomas G. Mungall, III

Jan. 17, 2001, 4:57 p.m. (Message 24418, in reply to message 24416)

Quite frankly, I appreciated the post very much. The subject is not quite as
tangential as some would lead you to believe as it may go to some of the
roots of SCD. I might remind everyone :

"The Strathspey mailing list is a forum for the discussion of all aspects
of Scottish Country Dancing, e.g., dance descriptions, dancing
technique, the history of dances and dancing, learning or teaching how
to dance, ... We also welcome descriptions of new dances, announcements
of events like courses or balls, or anything the subscribers might find
interesting."

Tom Mungall
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
adriana linden

adriana linden

Jan. 17, 2001, 7:19 p.m. (Message 24420, in reply to message 24416)

I greatly appreciated getting the MacMaster info (thanx Jana!!), but
the CD purchasing advert was DELETED instantly.

As a SCD teacher, I use non-SCD celtic and celtic-style music for
warmups, and for the interval.  In my function as teacher, esp. in
faciities such as the YMCA, more than once, non-dancers and dancers
alike have asked me to recommend traditional-style celtic listening
music, so information in that vein in valuable.  In these kinds of
venues, we become ambassadors of things Scottish to people, and a
friendly, knowledgeable reply is good PR for SCD... so IMHO some
REASONABLE discussion of these artists and their recordings is
appropriate on this list.

Adriana Linden
Montreal, QC

--- Seona NicGhilleghuirm  <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx> wrote:
> Hi Peter and all,
>
> I would never have considered posting the Natalie MacMaster info had
> there not been a considerable number (15+ at first glance) of
postings
> about her (and tangential non-SCD related subjects) just a few days
> ago.....so I thought some folks would be interested.
>
> Hope all of you have a great day!
>
> Jana
>
> --
> "Seona NicGhilleghuirm " <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx>
Norah Link

Norah Link

Jan. 17, 2001, 9:10 p.m. (Message 24421, in reply to message 24416)