  • Murrough Landon

    Murrough Landon Oct. 3, 2021, 3:16 p.m. (Message 72098)

    Re: Mobile SCD Cribs

    Hello,
       I am very pleased that Charlie has made versions of his app for
       both Apple and Android devices. I know its a lot of work. So
       thanks!

       I am also curious to know if anyone on the list has tried either of
       two similar SCD focussed apps: Pochette or SCD Tools? I heard of
       them a year or two ago but they are only available for Android
       devices - which I do not currently have.

       I think Charlie has said he hopes to extend the functionality of
       his app in future, but I have the impression that both Pochette and
       SCD Tools not only display cribs & diagrams but also link SCDDB
       dances with music tracks on your device which I would find very
       useful. Though I think Charlie’s app may be the only one linking
       videos.

       If anyone who does have an Android device would like to compare and
       contrast these tools (and report back) their websites are
       http://www.pochette.org/ <http://www.pochette.org/> and
       https://www.scottishdance.ru/en/rscds-russia/scd-tools/scd-tools-
       pocket <https://www.scottishdance.ru/en/rscds-russia/scd-tools/scd-
       tools-pocket> (and the google playstore entries appear to be
       https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pochette.pochette
       <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pochette.pochett
       e> and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scd.tools
       <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scd.tools>).