  • Iain Boyd

    Iain Boyd July 8, 2011, 2:48 p.m. (Message 61074)

    Re: Tandem Reels (was Re: Reels in Bishop of Columbus)

    Dear Mike,

    The description "Shetland Reels" probably more correctly refers to the type of
    reels in John Drewry's dance "The Saint Nicholas Boat".

    I came across these reels in a 'Shetland' context some years before John devised
    his own dance.

    Unfortunately, I can not remember where I originally found them - perhaps in one
    of the Flett's books.

    Regards,

     Iain Boyd

    Postal Address -