  • Andrew C Aitchison

    Andrew C Aitchison Aug. 8, 2008, 7:36 a.m. (Message 53342)

    Re: DIY 'Extra' Pilling Diagrams.

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Steve Johnson wrote:

    > Here in London, some of the members of the groups I dance with run an
    > informal swap group (by e-mail) for  'Pillling' diagrams for extra dances
    > that aren't in Pilling 8th Ed.

    > This got me thinking.  There doesn't seem to be a web site for the Pilling
    > book/committee anywhere.  Does anyone know if there are any collections of
    > 'extra' Pilling-style diagrams on the web?  Would a web-site with Pilling
    > 'extras' be helpful to others?

    The Strathspey archives
     	http://www.strathspey.org/list/strathspey/archive/msg/21853/
    suggest that there was a time when Pilling's Successors
    weren't too friendly towards anyone else using his symbols.
    Does anyone know if this has changed since 2000 ?

    --
    Andrew Aitchison				Cambridge, UK