Andrew C Aitchison

Re: DIY 'Extra' Pilling Diagrams.

Aug. 8, 2008, 7:36 a.m. (Message 53342, in reply to message 53341)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Steve Johnson wrote:

> Here in London, some of the members of the groups I dance with run an
> informal swap group (by e-mail) for  'Pillling' diagrams for extra dances
> that aren't in Pilling 8th Ed.

> This got me thinking.  There doesn't seem to be a web site for the Pilling
> book/committee anywhere.  Does anyone know if there are any collections of
> 'extra' Pilling-style diagrams on the web?  Would a web-site with Pilling
> 'extras' be helpful to others?

The Strathspey archives
 	http://www.strathspey.org/list/strathspey/archive/msg/21853/
suggest that there was a time when Pilling's Successors
weren't too friendly towards anyone else using his symbols.
Does anyone know if this has changed since 2000 ?

--
Andrew Aitchison				Cambridge, UK