  • Steve Wyrick

    Steve Wyrick June 2, 2008, 7:29 p.m. (Message 52599)

    Re: dances for 3 cpl sets? Was Re: favourite books

    We've used a medley of Wind on Loch Fyne with Ron Wallace's (or Gary
    Thomas, I forget) Muse Cottage--a 40-bar reel for 3 couples in a
    triangular formation from the "From the Redwoods" collection.  Works
    nicely, although finding a tune medley that would work could be
    tricky--we generally edit our own though.  We've also used the dance
    in medleys with dances in standard formation--transforming the sets,
    or moving the head around, can be quite interesting visually.  -Steve

    --
    Steve Wyrick -- Concord, California