  • James Mungall

    James Mungall June 2, 2008, 7:25 p.m. (Message 52597)

    Re: dances for 3 cpl sets? Was Re: favourite books

    I don't know of any other published triangular dances like W.o.L.F.,
    but we did an impromptu 3-couple triangular version of Rangitoto at a
    Christmas party a few years back.  We called it "Lava Cakes."  I don't
    remember how exactly we did it though considering Rangitoto is very
    geared to four couples...

    James Mungall

    --- On Mon, 6/2/08, xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx <xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx> wrote:

    From: xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx <xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx>
    Subject: Re: dances for 3 cpl sets? Was Re: favourite books
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Date: Monday, June 2, 2008, 12:17 PM

    Tom Mungall wrote:

    "As for  three couple dances that make good demo dances, I'll echo
    Wendy and
    James,  with "Flight of the Falcon". Another fine three couple dance
    IMO is
    "Wind  on Loch Fyne" which is a three couple strathspey done in a
    triangle
    set."

    Oh yes!  And one could have everyone moving on the last four bars  of Flight
    of the Falcon so that the three couples finish in a triangular  formation
    ready for Wind on Loch Fyne.   I'm not kidding.  I  haven't actually
    tried it, but
    I think it could be done quite neatly.

    Of course, one would have to choreograph the dancers out of Wind on Loch
    Fyne afterwards, unless one had another triangular dance, but some way could
    probably be found to do that too.....

    Chris (currently in Leicestershire).

    Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.