James Mungall

Re: dances for 3 cpl sets? Was Re: favourite books

June 2, 2008, 7:25 p.m. (Message 52597, in reply to message 52596)

I don't know of any other published triangular dances like W.o.L.F.,
but we did an impromptu 3-couple triangular version of Rangitoto at a
Christmas party a few years back.  We called it "Lava Cakes."  I don't
remember how exactly we did it though considering Rangitoto is very
geared to four couples...

James Mungall

--- On Mon, 6/2/08, xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx <xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx> wrote:

From: xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx <xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx>
Subject: Re: dances for 3 cpl sets? Was Re: favourite books
To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Date: Monday, June 2, 2008, 12:17 PM

Tom Mungall wrote:

"As for  three couple dances that make good demo dances, I'll echo
Wendy and
James,  with "Flight of the Falcon". Another fine three couple dance
IMO is
"Wind  on Loch Fyne" which is a three couple strathspey done in a
triangle
set."

Oh yes!  And one could have everyone moving on the last four bars  of Flight
of the Falcon so that the three couples finish in a triangular  formation
ready for Wind on Loch Fyne.   I'm not kidding.  I  haven't actually
tried it, but
I think it could be done quite neatly.

Of course, one would have to choreograph the dancers out of Wind on Loch
Fyne afterwards, unless one had another triangular dance, but some way could
probably be found to do that too.....

Chris (currently in Leicestershire).

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.