  • Wendy Grubb

    Wendy Grubb June 2, 2008, 6:35 p.m. (Message 52594)

    Re: dances for 3 cpl sets? Was Re: favourite books

    We haven't done it in years in New Orleans but one day
    when we have a set eager and able to learn Bonnie Anne
    I'll teach it.

    Some other thoughts for 3 couple dances:  The Green
    Dragon - I don't remember who wrote it but it is in
    the Middle Earth Collection.  We usually do it in a
    four couple set but it could work and is not terribly
    difficult.  Also we do medley's with several dances
    like Petronella, Flowers of Edinburgh, Roxburgh
    Castle, Corn Riggs, etc. that are the same at the end.

    A new strathspey that is easy but nice is Gifts from
    the Pretoria 35th anniversary book.  It is 3 couples -
    since we don't actually have music we have been using
    the music for Herself again from the Grandfather
    Mountain CD.
    Wendy Grubb
    New Orleans, Louisiana