Wendy Grubb

Re: dances for 3 cpl sets? Was Re: favourite books

June 2, 2008, 6:35 p.m. (Message 52594, in reply to message 52591)

We haven't done it in years in New Orleans but one day
when we have a set eager and able to learn Bonnie Anne
I'll teach it.

Some other thoughts for 3 couple dances:  The Green
Dragon - I don't remember who wrote it but it is in
the Middle Earth Collection.  We usually do it in a
four couple set but it could work and is not terribly
difficult.  Also we do medley's with several dances
like Petronella, Flowers of Edinburgh, Roxburgh
Castle, Corn Riggs, etc. that are the same at the end.

A new strathspey that is easy but nice is Gifts from
the Pretoria 35th anniversary book.  It is 3 couples -
since we don't actually have music we have been using
the music for Herself again from the Grandfather
Mountain CD.
Wendy Grubb
New Orleans, Louisiana