Alan Paterson

Re: Flying Ghillies Collection, Volume 2

June 15, 2006, 10:53 a.m. (Message 45557, in reply to message 45545)

On 13/06/2006 23:28, Lee Fuell wrote:
> Friends & Fellow Dancers,
>
> The Flying Ghillies Scottish Country Dancers of Dayton, Ohio, USA
are pleased to announce the online publication of our second
collection of dances devised by our members, The Flying Ghillies
Collection Volume 2.  This collection is available as a .pdf file at:

> http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies.html
>
> Click on the "download" link, then the "Flying Ghillies Collection,
Volume 2" link.  Or, you can go straight to the .pdf file at:

> http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies/docs/FlyingGhilliesCollection_Vol2.pdf
>
> The Flying Ghillies Collection Volume 2 contains 14 dances - some
serious, some tongue in cheek, some... well... perhaps a bit bawdy...
Hopefully there will be a little something for any Scottish Country
Dancer to enjoy in this collection.

At last! Lee and co. have formalised the "way things are" with the dance
"Mairi's Scandalous Illicit Affair". So - all you dance programme
devisers(*) out there - if that's the dance you have on the program -
use the correct name!

Alan

...and let those of us who wish to dance Mairi's Wedding do so <vbg>

(*) or should that be "composers", "authors", "instigators", ...
<another vbg>