mlamontbrown

RE: Regarding Dance Technique and Etiquette

June 14, 2006, 11:35 a.m. (Message 45548, in reply to message 45482)

Jan wrote:
> Actually I was taught to turn that way some 40 years ago (a children's
> class with an RSCDS teacher).  We used to practice the different
> holds by doing slower turns and faster turns so that at any time we
> could take either hold, or change from one hold to the other, smoothly
> and easily.

I'm glad to read that this hold was more than a local aberration which I was
eventually discouraged from using - some people said that it hurt their wrists -

Like Jan, I can remember smoothly changing my hold as we speeded up and slowed down;
and I can even remember going in for a tight turn, both hands missed completely, but
we turned quite safely because our wrists were still wrapped around each other -
(well we didn't fall over, and being much younger at the time that meant that it met
the criteria for being "safe").

Malcolm

Malcolm L Brown
York  (UK)