Alexandre Rafalovitch

Re: Over 700 schoolchildren dance in Glasgow

April 3, 2006, 7:04 p.m. (Message 44971, in reply to message 44970)

On 4/3/06, Hannah Newfield-Plunkett <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> I think, though, that if the RSCDS is interested in attracting
> younger dancers, the solution is not to lower the standards of the dance,
> but to emphasize other aspects of it, such as its social aspect, which
> younger people find appealing.

I second that. We just had a young lady start at New York branch. She
moved from another USA city to go to the college here and after a
month of trying to establish new connections decided to try again SCD.
2 weeks after she showed up at the branch, she got invited to some big
parties and is now being begged to go to the long weekend dancing
event (Pauling) (those who are coming, watch out for her keily (sp)
number). She said to us (happily) that suddenly her problem is
_finding_ the free time to do all the exciting things now on her
plate.

Regards,
    Alex