Steve Wyrick

Re: Two chords - a question

March 20, 2006, 6:52 p.m. (Message 44774, in reply to message 44772)

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:23:18 -0800
  "simon scott" <xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> 	Or, for the few dancers and musicians who wish, a duplicate
> chord can be added.
>
> 	Can we hear from any strathspey musicians regarding their
> comments on the matter.
>
> Simon Vancouver

Yes, but it's somewhat easier to subtract than to add (BTW it can be done
"non-destructively" in iTunes for those who run their classes from laptops),
and in spite of your reasonable arguments for using only one chord, which I
agree with, I suspect that your viewpoint is probably a minority one when the
whole of the RSCDS (not just the correspondents on Strathspey) is considered!
 At any rate, as a musician I have no problem with playing double chords when
asked to.  However I try to play the 2 chords differently so it sounds more
interesting and less like a mistake!
--
Steve Wyrick - Concord, California