Anselm Lingnau

Re: Ramblewood- Incredible Dance escape this year!!!!!

Sept. 25, 2001, 12:05 p.m. (Message 27500, in reply to message 27490)

Martin Sheffield <xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx> writes:

> I'm always on the lookout for positive comments about recordings (alas,
> strathspey writers are not very prolific on the subject !); won't you let
> us in on the secret?

This must be the CD `Memories of Scottish Weekend', which I believe has
been mentioned before on this list. I picked up a copy a couple of years
ago and the only thing I regret about it is that it isn't number 20 in a
20-CD series of similar recordings. The sheer energy of some of these
tracks is hardly believable. I would particularly recommend this CD to
those who like the flute -- listen to `The Sailor' but take a deep
breath before you do, you might not get around to it again for a while.
Also you will want to keep a box of tissues handy for the last track.

Incidentally, the Strathspey Server does have a CD review section.
Unfortunately I don't seem to get around to writing up as many CDs as I
should like, but I would like to encourage anybody who wants to share
their thoughts and opinions about particular CDs -- new and old -- to
contribute. A brief note will do if you don't find it in you to write a
five-page review :^), and I will worry about the presentation.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's