SallenNic

Re: Red House, was Right of Reply and Vat man

Jan. 23, 2001, 1:53 a.m. (Message 24464, in reply to message 24426)

In a message dated 22/1/01 2:03:23 pm, xxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
writes:

>> Actually, no, because you act as 3's and 2's alternately on the way up.
>
>That is certainly true for 3-couple dances but Red House as I know it is
>a 2-couple dance. Therefore, unless I'm wrong, if you begin as a `2' you
>stay a `2' (mostly doing nothing) until you reach the top, at which
>point you miss one turn and then start again as a `1' (busy). Where do
>the 3s come in in Red House?
Silly me! Of course it is Duple Minor!
However, B2 is danced by the 2nd Couple, and C1 and C2 each have one of the
2nd Couple Heying with the 1st Couple. So not the boring or freezing
experience you suggested:)
                                                        Nicolas B.