Anselm Lingnau

Re: Chain Reaction; Chasing the Wild Goose

April 28, 1998, 10:59 a.m. (Message 11841, in reply to message 11827)

x.xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xx.xx (Malcolm Brown) writes:

> It originated when someone said that the Bobby Crowe version of
> Wild Geese, which  is a 5 x 32 jig, deserved its own dance.
> So I wrote the following [...]

At the risk of appearing a spoilsport, I'd like to mention that there is
of course Mel Briscoe's 5-couple version of the Wild Geese called A
Flock of Geese, which is printed in the Slipknot Collection. To add to
the confusion, there is also a dance by John Drewry called the Wild
Goose Chase (which AFAIR is quite unlike the other large-waterfowl
dances except for a bit of Wild Geese-style setting in the middle).

Anyway, yours looks like a nice dance. I must try it soon with our group.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau ......................... xxxxxxx@xx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx-xxxxxxxxx.xx
If you think things are bad now, just think about what it was like then ...