ferguson

Re: Chain Reaction

April 28, 1998, 1 a.m. (Message 11829, in reply to message 11774)

Martin Sheffield wrote:

> When I sent a set of instructions to the list 3 months ago, reactions fell
> into three categories:
> "that sounds like an interesting dance -- we'll try it/have tried it";
> "not bad, but it would be better if ...";
> "what's this idiot telling us about his insomnia for?"
>
> Perhaps in order not to bore those in the last group, it would be a good
> idea to create another mailing list (shall we call it "rant"?) to promote
> discussion about  new dances and figures .....
> Personally, I hope we continue to get both on the same list.

Please let us keep this one *strathspey* list, and the pleasure of
e-meeting so many other SCD colleagues world-wide in one single site.  Any
list will always have topics of lesser interest (and some idle chatter).
I just throw away what I don't want.  A second mailing list (which I would
also join) would cause duplication, make communication more confused and
probably increase the total amount of boring stuff.

Eric

|Eric T. Ferguson, van Dormaalstraat 15, 5624 KH  EINDHOVEN, Netherlands|
|e-mail: x.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx. phone:+31-40-2432878; fax:+31-40-2467036|