Flying Ghillies Collection, Volume 2

  • ...

    Lee Fuell June 13, 2006, 11:28 p.m. (Message 45545)

    Friends & Fellow Dancers,

    The Flying Ghillies Scottish Country Dancers of Dayton, Ohio, USA are
    pleased to announce the online publication of our second collection of
    dances devised by our members, The Flying Ghillies Collection Volume
    2.  This collection is available as a .pdf file at:

    http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies.html

    Click on the "download" link, then the "Flying Ghillies Collection,
    Volume 2" link.  Or, you can go straight to the .pdf file at:

    http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies/docs/FlyingGhilliesCollection_Vol2.pdf

    The Flying Ghillies Collection Volume 2 contains 14 dances - some
    serious, some tongue in cheek, some... well... perhaps a bit bawdy...
    Hopefully there will be a little something for any Scottish Country
    Dancer to enjoy in this collection.

    So download away and enjoy.  Feel free to copy any dances for
    instructional purposes, as long as the original text, name and title
    are retained and not altered.

    We hope you will find these fun.  As alway, "Happy Dancing!"

    Lee Fuell
    Class Coordinator
    Flying Ghillies Scottish Country Dancers
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
  • ...

    Alan Paterson June 15, 2006, 10:53 a.m. (Message 45557, in reply to message 45545)

    On 13/06/2006 23:28, Lee Fuell wrote:
    > Friends & Fellow Dancers,
    >
    > The Flying Ghillies Scottish Country Dancers of Dayton, Ohio, USA
    are pleased to announce the online publication of our second
    collection of dances devised by our members, The Flying Ghillies
    Collection Volume 2.  This collection is available as a .pdf file at:

    > http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies.html
    >
    > Click on the "download" link, then the "Flying Ghillies Collection,
    Volume 2" link.  Or, you can go straight to the .pdf file at:

    > http://www.rscdscincinnati.org/FlyingGhillies/docs/FlyingGhilliesCollection_Vol2.pdf
    >
    > The Flying Ghillies Collection Volume 2 contains 14 dances - some
    serious, some tongue in cheek, some... well... perhaps a bit bawdy...
    Hopefully there will be a little something for any Scottish Country
    Dancer to enjoy in this collection.

    At last! Lee and co. have formalised the "way things are" with the dance
    "Mairi's Scandalous Illicit Affair". So - all you dance programme
    devisers(*) out there - if that's the dance you have on the program -
    use the correct name!

    Alan

    ...and let those of us who wish to dance Mairi's Wedding do so <vbg>

    (*) or should that be "composers", "authors", "instigators", ...
    <another vbg>
  • ...

    Jan E Rudge June 15, 2006, 4:14 p.m. (Message 45559, in reply to message 45557)

    > At last! Lee and co. have formalised the "way things are"
    > with the dance "Mairi's Scandalous Illicit Affair".
    > So - all you dance programme devisers(*) out there -
    > if that's the dance you have on the program - use the
    > correct name!

    Is the only difference between this and Mairi's Wedding the shoulder
    given by the dancing couple during the half reels of 4?

    If so, then I suspect people will continue to use their preferred
    shoulder, be it right or left, regardless of which dance name is
    on the programme!  ;o)

    Jan

    Beaconsfield, UK
    RSCDS London Branch
  • ...

    Lee Fuell June 15, 2006, 4:32 p.m. (Message 45560, in reply to message 45545)

    Oh, no, Jan - the Scandalous Illicit Affair is FAR more exciting than
    the Wedding. The differences are much more than just a shoulder pass
    change - the Affair has birling, twiddling, high-fiving, and whooping
    written into it.

    Lee
  • ...

    Pia Walker June 15, 2006, 4:35 p.m. (Message 45561, in reply to message 45545)

    What no sneaking around corners :>)

    Pia
  • ...

    Steve Wyrick June 15, 2006, 8:23 p.m. (Message 45564, in reply to message 45545)

    Aww, you didn't include Pilling's diagrams for the dances.  I'm disappointed;
    I was curious to see the symbol for "high five"!  -Steve
  • ...

    Lee Fuell June 15, 2006, 9:03 p.m. (Message 45565, in reply to message 45545)

    5^ = high five

    @ = twiddle

    Any suggestions for a birl?

    Lee
  • ...

    Jim and Donna Ferguson June 15, 2006, 9:13 p.m. (Message 45566, in reply to message 45545)

    How about (*)    ?

    Donna
  • ...

    Pia Walker June 15, 2006, 10:35 p.m. (Message 45567, in reply to message 45545)

    what about

    >o<  or }o{

    Pia