Copying Cassettes onto CD - Many thanks

Alan Paterson

May 22, 2006, 8:51 a.m. (Message 45341)

My heartfelt thanks to all who made such valuable suggestions.

I did make an attempt at using the trial versions of the programs Sound
Forge and Audition. However, I have to confess that I could make neither
head nor tail of these programs. Despite studying the help information
(a difficult thing to admit for a software engineer) I could not for the
life of me figure out how to use these.

On the other hand, the genuinely free software Audacity was so simple to
use it almost did it for me.

So. AT LAST I have a recording for Fife Ness on CD.

Again. Many thanks to all who replied.

Alan
Ron Mackey

Ron Mackey

May 23, 2006, 1:04 a.m. (Message 45346, in reply to message 45341)

> So. AT LAST I have a recording for Fife Ness on CD.
>
> Again. Many thanks to all who replied.
>
> Alan

	I can see that all that effort will be worth it to put Fife Ness
on CD.  Great dance!
 Is yours the Bobby Crowe band only or the one with Ron Gonella?
I'm not too happy with the latter so that is one set of tunes which
could bear with an update.
Alan Paterson

Alan Paterson

May 23, 2006, 8:54 a.m. (Message 45349, in reply to message 45346)

On 23/05/2006 01:04, Ron Mackey wrote:
>>So. AT LAST I have a recording for Fife Ness on CD.
>>
>>Again. Many thanks to all who replied.
>>
>>Alan
>>

> 	I can see that all that effort will be worth it to put Fife Ness
> on CD.  Great dance!
>  Is yours the Bobby Crowe band only or the one with Ron Gonella?
> I'm not too happy with the latter so that is one set of tunes which
> could bear with an update.

I have the Bobby Crowe one. Dancedata knows nothing about any Ron
Gonella recording. Do tell me more!

I see that Muriel has a version as well on her Memories of Fife album.
Don't yet have that though.

Alan
Anselm Lingnau

Anselm Lingnau

May 23, 2006, 9:19 a.m. (Message 45350, in reply to message 45349)

Alan Paterson wrote:

> I have the Bobby Crowe one. Dancedata knows nothing about any Ron
> Gonella recording. Do tell me more!

There may be some confusion here as the »A Fife Fairing« CD contains tracks by
Bobby Crowe as well as Ron Gonella. That CD is apparently pieced together
mostly from the record for the 1982 booklet (by R.G.) and one by Bobby Crowe
containing a mixed bunch of dances including ones from the 1965 and 1978
booklets (the second of which would include Fife Ness). The liner notes for
the CD do not deign to mention which track is played by which band.

Anselm
The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as
men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway. -- Bernard Avishai
Alan Paterson

Alan Paterson

May 23, 2006, 9:32 a.m. (Message 45351, in reply to message 45350)

On 23/05/2006 09:19, Anselm Lingnau wrote:
> Alan Paterson wrote:
>

>>I have the Bobby Crowe one. Dancedata knows nothing about any Ron
>>Gonella recording. Do tell me more!
>

> There may be some confusion here as the »A Fife Fairing« CD contains tracks by
> Bobby Crowe as well as Ron Gonella. That CD is apparently pieced together
> mostly from the record for the 1982 booklet (by R.G.) and one by Bobby Crowe
> containing a mixed bunch of dances including ones from the 1965 and 1978
> booklets (the second of which would include Fife Ness). The liner notes for
> the CD do not deign to mention which track is played by which band.
>
> Anselm

More confusion indeed.

My recording comes from the album "Music for ten Scottish Country
dances" by Bobby Crowe.

I have exactly this track noted as being present on the Fife Fairing
album as well. Unfortunately, this was done so long ago that I can no
longer provide evidence for the correctness of this. (Possibly because
of the tune composition).

This would mean that the two tracks which Ron mentioned are in fact the
same one. Ron?

Alan
alan mair

alan mair

May 23, 2006, 6:35 p.m. (Message 45353, in reply to message 45351)

Ron Mackey

Ron Mackey

May 24, 2006, 1:18 a.m. (Message 45360, in reply to message 45349)

> I have the Bobby Crowe one. Dancedata knows nothing about any Ron
> Gonella recording. Do tell me more!
>
> I see that Muriel has a version as well on her Memories of Fife album.
> Don't yet have that though.
> Alan

	Thanks to all for saving me a bit of research!  I can get to
bed earlyXX earlier tonight!