Slainte Mhor

  • ...

    e.ferguson May 12, 2006, 6:52 p.m. (Message 45269)

    Last night we danced Slainte Mhor.

    At Rechberg (2004) we were taught

    17-	All W RH across, at the end pivot R to face P ; set to P | turn RH ½ to
    put the men in the middle

    25-	All M LH across, at the end pivot L to face P ; set to P | turn LH into
    promenade hold

    This time we were taught that both the Women make a LH across for bars 17
    to 20.  It flows better from the preceding hands round, but is less
    symmetrical with 25-28.

    Can anyone with the original instruction clarify what is right?

    Happy dancing,

    Eric
    --
    Eric T. Ferguson,
    van Reenenweg 3, 3702 SB  ZEIST  Netherlands

    suepetyt May 12, 2006, 7:13 p.m. (Message 45270, in reply to message 45269)

    If you go to www.streaming-pictures.co.uk/catalogue.htm and look at the CD
    or DVD We Twa you will find that the music has been recorded - if you click
    on the name of the dance you will be taken to Moira Stacey's (the devisor's)
    website and the full instructions.

    If you have problems get in touch and I will put you in touch with Moira
    direct.

    Happy Dancing
    Sue Petyt
    www.suepetyt.me.uk
    Skype Sue Petyt
  • ...

    Mary Anderson May 14, 2006, 1:11 a.m. (Message 45285, in reply to message 45269)

    --- Eric Ferguson <x.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx> wrote:

    > Last night we danced Slainte Mhor.
    >
    > At Rechberg (2004) we were taught
    >
    > 17-	All W RH across, at the end pivot R to face P ;
    > set to P | turn RH ½ to
    > put the men in the middle
    >
    > 25-	All M LH across, at the end pivot L to face P ;
    > set to P | turn LH into
    > promenade hold
    >
    > This time we were taught that both the Women make a
    > LH across for bars 17
    > to 20.  It flows better from the preceding hands
    > round, but is less
    > symmetrical with 25-28.
    >
    > Can anyone with the original instruction clarify
    > what is right?
    >
    > Happy dancing,
    >
    > Eric
    > --
    > Eric T. Ferguson,
    > van Reenenweg 3, 3702 SB  ZEIST  Netherlands
    > tel: (+31)(0) 30-2673638
    > e-mail: x.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx
    >
    > The notes I have are the same as you were taught
    originally & that is the way that I teach it.

      Hope this helps.
      Mary Anderson
  • ...

    suepetyt May 14, 2006, 2:25 p.m. (Message 45287, in reply to message 45285)

    I forgot to mention - there is a DVD of Slainte Mhor (and other dances by
    Moira Stacey) being demonstrated.  Moira was giving instructions to the
    dancers, so they definitely did it correctly.  DVD is available at
    www.streaming-pictures.co.uk/catalogue.htm

    Happy Dancing
    Sue Petyt
    www.suepetyt.me.uk
    Skype Sue Petyt
  • ...

    moira May 26, 2006, 8:13 p.m. (Message 45403, in reply to message 45269)

    Hello-I'm new to the list & found comments on my dance "Slainte Mhor"
    Firstly, there is no pivoting! At least, it wasn't written that way!
    Women dance right hands across, men left hands across.
    The promenade is clockwise both times.
    Full instructions are on www.moirastacey.com
    Enjoy the dance
    Moira
  • ...

    moira June 8, 2006, 4:38 p.m. (Message 45464, in reply to message 45269)

    Please would you amend the dance data and put my name as the devisor
    of Slainte Mhor-64 bar reel. Thanks, Moira