Lets Dance Scottish

  • ...

    Marie Disiewicz May 5, 2006, 9:05 p.m. (Message 45168)

    Hi to all
    For those who know me, know I like information ASP when available and
    for some, you will not hear of this right away. So go to RSCDS web
    site to the Member section and look at the News and it will have the
    Let's Dance Scottish full report.
    I love the way HQ gives us the updates now..
    That said, it was the RSCDS International Branch that sent me the
    information, being an associate member
    Thanks Stephanie and Susi
    Cheers
    Marie
  • ...

    Ian Brockbank May 5, 2006, 10:04 p.m. (Message 45170, in reply to message 45168)

    Hi All,

    Marie wrote:

    > For those who know me, know I like information ASP when
    > available and for some, you will not hear of this right away.
    > So go to RSCDS web site to the Member section and look at the
    > News and it will have the Let's Dance Scottish full report.
    > I love the way HQ gives us the updates now..
    > That said, it was the RSCDS International Branch that sent me
    > the information, being an associate member

    If you have an RSS reader*, you can get the news as an RSS feed at
    http://www.rscds.org/news/RSS . This will let you know when there
    are any changes.

    * Modern internet browsers (= not Internet Explorer) support this directly.
     - In Opera, go to http://www.rscds.org/news/RSS.  Opera will offer to
       set it up as an RSS feed and you can view the history and messages.
     - In Firefox, go to http://www.rscds.org/news and click on the orange
       icon on the right of the address bar (showing
    "http://www.rscds.org/news")
       This adds a "live bookmark".

    Personally I prefer Opera's approach, but Firefox has several RSS extensions
    you can install, so YMMV, as they say (your milage may vary).  Or you can
    pick one of the dedicated RSS readers out there (Google has many
    suggestions, I can make no recommendations).

    Cheers,

    Ian Brockbank
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    http://www.scottishdance.net/
  • ...

    Alasdair Graham May 6, 2006, 10:08 a.m. (Message 45176, in reply to message 45170)

    Ian,

    The newest version of Internet Explorer 7 is now out in BETA 2 form and
    seems quite stable.
    I have been using it with no problems and IT HAS an RSS feed built in.
    It actually seems quite good and has tabbed browsing and more.
    It only works on machines with Windows XP & SP2 or those with Windows Server
    2003.
    You can read about it and download it from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

    Alasdair Graham
    Dumbarton, Scotland.