QC

Wesley Harry

March 8, 2006, 3:56 p.m. (Message 44567)

I have not come across QC as meaning Quality Control.  I worked for Min of
Defence until I retired in Materials Quality Assurance.  So we tended to
speak of quality assurance rather than control.
Wesley
Pia Walker

Pia Walker

March 8, 2006, 5:27 p.m. (Message 44573, in reply to message 44567)

Would QC not come before QA - as you would strive for control before you kan
assure to keep that control?

I.e you learn where your third position goes, before you make sure that it
is there at all times?
(just to get back into context)

Pia
Who see both regularly in translations - it could be one of the
language/geography things.
Jan E Rudge

Jan E Rudge

March 8, 2006, 5:34 p.m. (Message 44575, in reply to message 44573)

> I.e you learn where your third position goes,
> before you make sure that it is there at all times?

The first phase of your SCD product lifecycle would be classed
as "Development" before you move on to QA.  ;o)

Jan

Beaconsfield, UK
Mike Mudrey

Mike Mudrey

March 8, 2006, 6:42 p.m. (Message 44579, in reply to message 44567)

I've go to get in now.  I am always writing QA/QC documents for our
government funding agencies on my grants.

At 3/8/2006  08:56 AM, you wrote:
>I have not come across QC as meaning Quality Control.  I worked for
>Min of Defence until I retired in Materials Quality Assurance.  So
>we tended to speak of quality assurance rather than control.
>Wesley

M.G. Mudrey
106 Ravine Road
Mount Horeb, WI 53572