Pipes (was SCD VS Scottish Folk Dancing)

Doug Mills

Doug Mills

Feb. 1, 2006, 9:56 p.m. (Message 44027)

At 09:10 a.m. 1/02/2006, Goss wrote:

>.... Outside of Spain, Scottish pipers seem to have two very bad habits.
>   1. they tend not to play the more challenging pipe music, preferring
> military marches and Scottish tunes...

Still OT, but if you want to hear what can be done with the pipes by a
non-Scot I can thoroughly reccommend listening to Hevia. (A fellow citizen
of yours I think, Goss)

Actually I can get back on topic - I've used Hevia as warm-up music for SCD
classes.

Doug Mills
Christchurch
New Zealand
Paula Jacobson

Paula Jacobson

Feb. 2, 2006, 7:31 a.m. (Message 44036, in reply to message 44027)

Doug Mills wrote:

"I've used Hevia as warm-up music for SCD classes."

Me too, Doug! Also tracks from the Victoria Police Pipe Band,
Wicked Tinkers, and Wolfstone. Great stuff!

Paula Jacobson
Aptos, California
campbell

campbell

Feb. 2, 2006, 3:33 p.m. (Message 44048, in reply to message 44036)

Can anyone supply the name and number of the Hevia CD?
Paula Jacobson

Paula Jacobson

Feb. 7, 2006, 10:14 a.m. (Message 44174, in reply to message 44027)

For "campbell" who asked:

Can anyone supply the name and number of the Hevia CD?

Hevia: Tierra de Nadie
EMI-Odeon, SA 7243 5 26280 25
cut #5 on this CD is the one I use for warmups.

Paula Jacobson
Aptos, Calif.