Figure search

GlassHall

Nov. 8, 2001, 8:33 p.m. (Message 28075)

Can anyone point me to a dance using a Rondel which has been extended
to involve three couples? I am interested in knowing if anyone has
tried a three couple rondel and, if so, what it looked like.
Thanks.

Terry Glasspool
Upstate NY, USA
Norah Link

Norah Link

Nov. 8, 2001, 8:46 p.m. (Message 28076, in reply to message 28075)

The closest thing I can think of is the Mercat Cross (J.B. Dickson, Dunedin
3).  This is not a 3-couple Rondel, but it does use the final arch to get
1st cpl to the bottom:

bars 25-32  C1 & C2 Rondel
            meanwhile bars 29-32  C3 set advancing to make an arch which C1
dance under to finish in 3rd pl., while C3 dance up to 2nd pl. (i.e. C1
dance under a double arch, first under C2 arch and then under C3 arch, on
the last 2 bars).

You have me thinking of permutations and combinations to make a "true" 3-cpl
Rondel, although the arches to go across the dance would have to be
modified.  In fact, you may find yourself with several different 3-cpl
Rondels proposed!  ;^)

Do you have one, by any chance?

Norah Link (Montreal, QC)
Lara D. Friedman~Shedlov

Lara D. Friedman~Shedlov

Nov. 8, 2001, 8:48 p.m. (Message 28077, in reply to message 28075)

Haven't seen a 3-couple rondel, but my husband Dan wrote a dance with a
5-person rondel (it was a ceilidh act, the dance being entitled:  Lady
Rosenberg's Trip to the Arctic Circle Strathspey).

--Lara Friedman-Shedlov
Minneapolis, MN  USA

Quoting xxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx:

> Can anyone point me to a dance using a Rondel which has been extended
> to involve three couples? I am interested in knowing if anyone has
> tried a three couple rondel and, if so, what it looked like.
> Thanks.
>
> Terry Glasspool
> Upstate NY, USA

*******************************
Lara Friedman-Shedlov
xxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx
*******************************
GlassHall

GlassHall

Nov. 9, 2001, 12:20 a.m. (Message 28081, in reply to message 28075)

On 11/08/2001 02:46:20 PM, Norah Link <xxxxx@xxx.xxx> wrote:
>>  In fact, you may find yourself with several different 3-cpl
>>  Rondels proposed!  ;^)

One can only hope!

>>  Do you have one, by any chance?

I have the four bars that got me thinking about it, and two more that
look Rondel-ish if I take off my glasses and squint. I'm really hoping
to get several people thinking about it to see what kinds of
directions and variations they come up with. And I'm being coy becuase
sometimes even stating things that seem obvious can end up limiting
creative directions.

Terry Glasspool
Upstate NY, USA
Bryan McAlister

Bryan McAlister

Nov. 9, 2001, 11:56 a.m. (Message 28090, in reply to message 28075)

In article <xx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx>, xxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx writes
>Can anyone point me to a dance using a Rondel which has been extended to involve
>three couples? I am interested in knowing if anyone has tried a three couple
>rondel and, if so, what it looked like.
>Thanks.
>
>Terry Glasspool
>Upstate NY, USA
Dont set your sights too low, why not just go for a 3 couple tournee!
Bryan McAlister B Arch RIBA ARIAS
Web page www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk
Email xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xx.xx
Mobile phone 07801 793849
FAX number - 0870 052 7625
Miriam L. Mueller

Miriam L. Mueller

Nov. 10, 2001, 5:24 p.m. (Message 28091, in reply to message 28075)

In article <xx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx>, xxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx writes
>Can anyone point me to a dance using a Rondel which has been extended to
involve
>three couples? I am interested in knowing if anyone has tried a three
couple
>rondel and, if so, what it looked like.
>Thanks.
>
>Terry Glasspool
>Upstate NY, USA
Dont set your sights too low, why not just go for a 3 couple tournee!
Bryan McAlister

A local deviser, Tim Wilson, has a dance with a 4-couple tournee!
"Dancing on Parnassus" is not for beginners, but is great fun - Bruce
Herbold taught it at the Ft. Worden (Washington State, USA) weekend in
September.

Miriam Mueller, SF
Alan Paterson

Alan Paterson

Nov. 10, 2001, 6:08 p.m. (Message 28092, in reply to message 28091)

"Miriam L. Mueller" wrote:

> <snip lead up to this>
>
> A local deviser, Tim Wilson, has a dance with a 4-couple tournee!
> "Dancing on Parnassus" is not for beginners, but is great fun - Bruce
> Herbold taught it at the Ft. Worden (Washington State, USA) weekend in
> September.
>
> Miriam Mueller, SF

Is this really a formation with all 4 couples involved with each other,
or is it the 2 times 2 Tournee as in Bruce Shawyer's Cape Spear?

(Isn't Tim on this List?)

Alan
Terry Glasspool

Terry Glasspool

Nov. 12, 2001, 4:22 p.m. (Message 28104, in reply to message 28075)

Terry Glasspool
Independent Testing Services
4HIA, IGS, Endicott, NY
Tie 852-5118 / 1-607-752-5118