ADMINISTRIVIA: Holidays

  • ...

    Anselm Lingnau Oct. 10, 2001, 8:28 a.m. (Message 27828)

    I'll be leaving for my holidays later today, so Strathspey will have to
    take care of itself for a while. Routine business should work as usual,
    but I will not be there to `moderate' postings by people whose `From:'
    address does not match the one the subscriber database stores for them.
    If you submit something and don't see it distributed later on, please
    check whether your current address is the correct one; the Strathspey
    Server has information on how to do this.

    Anselm
  • ...

    SallenNic Oct. 10, 2001, 11:58 a.m. (Message 27833, in reply to message 27828)

    ADMINISTRIVIA - wonderful portmanteau word! Did Anselm coin it, or is it
    from a wider context?
                                                                Nicolas B.,
    Lanark, Scotland.
  • ...

    John K. Andrews Oct. 10, 2001, 5:19 p.m. (Message 27841, in reply to message 27833)

    I believe a wider context.  It's a commonly used term here in the
    Washington, DC area.  It seems most appropriate when describing much of the
    goings on of large governmental operations.

    Jay Andrews
    Alexandria, VA
  • ...

    Lee Fuell Oct. 12, 2001, 5:06 a.m. (Message 27855, in reply to message 27841)

    Not just Washington, D.C.  -  the word is pervasive throughout the
    U.S. government, which seems to have a tremendous talent for
    inventing new words, acronyms, and the like (not all of which are
    as catchy and witty as "administrivia").

    Lee

    Send reply to:  	xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Date sent:      	Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:19:22 -0400
    From:           	Jay Andrews <xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>