Glasgow vs. Dundee (was: Wee Cooper of Fife)

Anselm Lingnau

Anselm Lingnau

Oct. 8, 2001, 3:23 a.m. (Message 27775)

xxx.xxxxxx@xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx writes:

> Well worth giving
> some of them a try.  e.g. The Glasgow City Police, which is in the
> form of a canon.

Unless there is another dance that I (and Alan's database) don't know I
assume you're talking about `The Dundee City Police Jig', which is in
Whetherly Book 2, and which is indeed a fun dance.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Hmmm, it's all the same to me.  As a former mid-westerner (who relocated to

ron.mackey

Oct. 9, 2001, 1:59 a.m. (Message 27798, in reply to message 27775)

> Unless there is another dance that I (and Alan's database) don't know I
> assume you're talking about `The Dundee City Police Jig', which is in
> Whetherly Book 2, and which is indeed a fun dance.
>
> Anselm

	Quite right Anselm.  I was listening to a recording of pipe music
and must have had a subconcious thingy !  :)

Happy Dancing
Cheers  :)

Ron
Ron Mackey.  London Branch