Lady Hamilton's Strathspey / Turkish Dances

Ken McFarland

Ken McFarland

Oct. 4, 2001, 1:29 a.m. (Message 27719)

> > From: Bruce Hamilton
> > John Drewry wrote it on Ken McFarland's tour to Turkey last
> > October, and
> > dedicated it to my wife, Jo Hamilton.  I have the directions here

>Has the dance been published yet?  Do you think John would object to >your
>putting the full directions out on strathspey?
>Norah

I checked with John Drewry by telephone today, and he said that TACBooks has
just published the dance in two books titled "The Turkish Book" (all dances
from that trip to Turkey) and "Greenburn Book Vol 3", where 3 or 4 dances
from the trip are included. The Turkish trip stimulated him more than some
other trips have: he wrote 20 new dances.
Eastern Promise is another good strathspey from the book, and The Whirling
Dervishes is a challenging "vertiginous" reel! You can reach TACBooks by
email at xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xx

Ken McFarland
Norah Link

Norah Link

Oct. 9, 2001, 4:30 p.m. (Message 27821, in reply to message 27719)

Thank you Ken!

regards,
Norah

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp