Test

  • ...

    Lee Fuell Oct. 3, 2001, 12:35 a.m. (Message 27679)

    Hi, folks,

    Besides my operator-error oops-mail problems, I'm having trouble
    posting original e-mails to the list, and am trying to troubleshoot
    the problem.  It seems when I cc something to Strathspey (like my
    note to my sister), it goes through fine, but gets rejected when
    addressed to Strathspey.  I apologize for cluttering up your in
    boxes, but need to get a look at the full header on the bounced
    messages to see if we can sort this out.

    Lee
  • ...

    Lee Fuell Oct. 3, 2001, 12:38 a.m. (Message 27680, in reply to message 27679)

    Well, whatever it was, it appears to be sorted.

    Again, sorry for the oops-mail and subsequent "test" junk-mail.

    Lee

    Send reply to:  	xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    From:           	"Donald Lee Fuell, Jr." <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
    To:             	xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Date sent:      	Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:35:47 -0400
    Subject:        	Test
  • ...

    Marilynn Knight Oct. 3, 2001, 1:47 p.m. (Message 27691, in reply to message 27679)

    So, Lee, How does a 12-Step dance go?????
  • ...

    Lee Fuell Oct. 4, 2001, 1:45 a.m. (Message 27720, in reply to message 27679)

    Marilyn,

    Re:

    xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx From:

    > 	Marilynn Knight <<<<xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx> To:

    > "'xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx'" <<<<xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>

    > Subject:        	RE: Test Date sent:      	Wed, 3 Oct 2001 07:47:09

    > -0400 <<italic>

    > So, Lee, How does a 12-Step dance go????? </color>

    </color>Very clumsily, just like my right hand on a mouse...

    Actually, I did a dance once with 10-bar phrasing (can't remember
    the name) and it about drove me crazy.  I'm too programmed to
    anticipate 8-bar phrases.  Actually, a piper friend once told Patty &
    I that a Strathspey called (IIRC) Molly Connoll (sp?) is in 12-bar
    phrases; has anyone set a dance to it?

    Lee

  • ...

    Anselm Lingnau Oct. 4, 2001, 9:50 a.m. (Message 27728, in reply to message 27679)

    Lee Fuell <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx> writes:

    > Actually, I did a dance once with 10-bar phrasing (can't remember
    > the name) and it about drove me crazy.  I'm too programmed to
    > anticipate 8-bar phrases.  Actually, a piper friend once told Patty &
    > I that a Strathspey called (IIRC) Molly Connoll (sp?) is in 12-bar
    > phrases; has anyone set a dance to it?

    There are various dances using 10-bar phrasing, the most well-known of
    which is The Wee Cooper of Fife, by Hugh Foss. There are also some
    dances using six-bar phrasing (or three-bar phrasing, depending on how
    you look at it).

    I haven't heard about a dance in 12-bar phrases but would like to
    suggest that for a real challenge, 7-bar or 9-bar phrases might be more
    interesting. The main problem would be one of obtaining Scottish music
    to suit.

    Anselm
    --
    Anselm Lingnau .......................................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Writing science fiction for about a penny a word is no way to make a living. If

    Lee Fuell Oct. 4, 2001, 1:23 p.m. (Message 27733, in reply to message 27728)

    Wee Cooper of Fife - that's the one whose name I couldn't
    remember.  Yon Wee Cooper's a cantankerous lad, at least for me!

    Lee

    Send reply to:  	xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    To:             	xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject:        	Re: Test
    Date sent:      	Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:50:41 +0200
    From:           	Anselm Lingnau <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>

    > There are various dances using 10-bar phrasing, the most well-known of
    > which is The Wee Cooper of Fife, by Hugh Foss. There are also some
    > dances using six-bar phrasing (or three-bar phrasing, depending on how
    > you look at it).

    > Anselm
  • ...

    ron.mackey Oct. 5, 2001, 12:06 a.m. (Message 27750, in reply to message 27728)

    > To:            xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    > Subject:       Re: Test
    > Date:          Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:50:41 +0200
    > From:          Anselm Lingnau <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>

    > Lee Fuell <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx> writes:
    >

    > There are various dances using 10-bar phrasing, the most well-known of
    > which is The Wee Cooper of Fife, by Hugh Foss. There are also some
    > dances using six-bar phrasing (or three-bar phrasing, depending on how
    > you look at it).
    > Anselm
    > --

    	For those who find The Wee Cooper... confusing there is a slightly
    easier dance (to some) called The Cooper's Wife danced to the same
    music.   Quite worth the effort!

    Cheers,  Ron   :)

     < 0   Ron Mackey,(Purveyor of Pat's Party Pieces)
      'O>  Mottingham,
      /#\  London. UK.
       l>
    xxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx