Buffalo Workshop

  • ...

    Lee Fuell Sept. 29, 2001, 2:05 p.m. (Message 27593)

    Simon,

    Re,

    > I hope we meet again.
    >
    > Cheers  Simon

    There's a good chance we will - Patty & I are kind of "SCD road
    warriors," always on the lookout for a good workshop weekend to
    go to ("have ghillies, will travel").  We haven't really made it all the
    way to your home territory yet, but it's only a matter of time.

    Happy dancing,

    Lee
  • ...

    Marilynn Knight Sept. 29, 2001, 3:33 p.m. (Message 27595, in reply to message 27593)

    Ah, Patty & Lee!!!  Fellow Travelers?
  • ...

    Lee Fuell Sept. 30, 2001, 1:26 a.m. (Message 27598, in reply to message 27595)

    Hi, Marilyn,

    It seems I've added yet another entry to the "oops, wrong cc
    address" club.  I think we need a new word to identify a list post
    that was supposed to be a private e-mail.  I suggest "oops-mail."
    Then, we can form a group called Oops-Mailaholics Anonymous
    (OMA), and start a twelve-step program to cure the affliction.  But
    yes, fellow travelers to wherever there's good music, good dancing,
    and good company.

    Lee

    (Who's feet, after dancing four half-hour demos of six dances each
    this afternoon, are very very sore...)

    Send reply to:  	xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    From:           	Marilynn Knight <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx>
    To:             	"'xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx'" <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
    Subject:        	RE: Buffalo Workshop
    Date sent:      	Sat, 29 Sep 2001 09:33:42 -0400
  • ...

    Jan Wilson Sept. 30, 2001, 8:13 a.m. (Message 27602, in reply to message 27593)

    Hi Lee,

    For some reason I have received the message you sent to Simon Scott??!!

    I thought I should get back to you rather than sending it directly to Simon.

    When you do contact him please give him my regards (also Royce's).

    Happy dancing,

    Jan Wilson
    Alexandria, Sydney
    Australia
  • ...

    Marilynn Knight Sept. 30, 2001, 3:06 p.m. (Message 27604, in reply to message 27593)

    Lee,
    Perhaps your sore 'demo feet' are a new interpretation of that saying, 'what
    price beauty'?

    Maybe a dance named 'Oops Again'?

    Best,
    Marilynn
  • ...

    Chris1Ronald Oct. 1, 2001, 4:25 a.m. (Message 27608, in reply to message 27593)

    In a message dated 09/29/2001 9:34:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx writes:
    > Ah, Patty & Lee!!!  Fellow Travelers?

    Here, in New York, the term for people like you (and me) who are inclined to
    follow the workshops around is "trekkies".  Interesting how language seems to
    vary from one area to another, let alone from one country to another.

    Chris.
  • ...

    ron.mackey Oct. 1, 2001, 11:06 p.m. (Message 27624, in reply to message 27608)

    > > Ah, Patty & Lee!!!  Fellow Travelers?
    > >
    > Here, in New York, the term for people like you (and me) who are inclined to
    > follow the workshops around is "trekkies".  Interesting how language seems to
    > vary from one area to another, let alone from one country to another.
    >
    > Chris Ronald

    	Hi, Chris
    		Fine surname you have - :)
    	On this side of the pond 'trekkies' is the name for the avid
    followers of Star Trek.  As you say, interesting variations.

    Cheers,  Ron   :)

     < 0   Ron Mackey,(Purveyor of Pat's Party Pieces)
      'O>  Mottingham,
      /#\  London. UK.
       l>
    xxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
  • ...

    Jan Wilson Oct. 3, 2001, 5:39 a.m. (Message 27687, in reply to message 27593)

    Sorry everybody!

    However I have just replied to yet another e-mail from Donald Lee Fuell Jnr
    so if that does get on to Strathspey please accept my apologies.

    As far as I am aware I have returned the messages directly to the sender.

    Jan Wilson
    Alexandria, Sydney
    Australia
  • ...

    Carfuffle Oct. 3, 2001, 1:28 p.m. (Message 27690, in reply to message 27593)

    Jan,
         You're not alone. I've been getting these messages as well. Must be a
    glitch in one system or the other.

    Nadene B. Hunter
    Dansville, NY
  • ...

    Elainerb Oct. 4, 2001, 4:08 a.m. (Message 27724, in reply to message 27593)

    Copied from email address of email on the list.

     From:  xxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx
     To:    xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx

    The confusion as to who gets a message may be in the FROM  versus the REPLY TO

    Even though a message is from "personal xxxx@xxx.xxx'
    The REPLY TO address is the strathspey list.

    One needs to be careful.... I think we have all, accidentally posted to the
    list when meaning it to be personal.    I know I have.

    Elaine,