Double triangles and signature

  • ...

    campbell June 21, 2006, 3:40 p.m. (Message 45608)

    Richard Goss DIDNT write:

    "town", "country".

    Now I realise that as a mere whippersnapper on Strathspey, I should know
    where such venerable contributors as Richard come from, particularly since
    he has alluded to unpacking of attics and various rural activities.  But I
    hoped my request for signatures would tempt him into revealing his
    whereabouts.  Can someone else oblige?

    Campbell Tyler
    Cape Town
  • ...

    Anselm Lingnau June 21, 2006, 3:51 p.m. (Message 45610, in reply to message 45608)

    Campbell Tyler wrote:

    > But I hoped my request for signatures would tempt him into revealing his
    > whereabouts.  Can someone else oblige?

    As he himself has mentioned on various occasions, Richard Goss dwells in a
    castle-like abode on the island of Mallorca (off the coast of Spain, in the
    Mediterranean). This explains his frequent digressions into the living and
    dancing habits and linguistic foibles of his Mallorquin neighbours.

    Anselm
    You will find that the State is the kind of organization which, though it does
    big things badly, does small things badly, too.      -- John Kenneth Galbraith
  • ...

    simon scott June 21, 2006, 5:59 p.m. (Message 45615, in reply to message 45610)

    --

    Dick Goss formally lived and danced in California but spent time studying in
    Scotland.

    Simon
    Vancouver
  • ...

    GOSS9@telefonica.net June 21, 2006, 10:19 p.m. (Message 45623, in reply to message 45608)

    Not quite sure what castle like means.
    In my case, thick stone walls, 4 storeys high, old - true./ large - no
    (I only have a 4 m street façade)

    For those of you familiar with the story of <<Tarzan>>, and think of
    castles, I suggest you visit Greystoke Castle, its foot print is
    sufficient for a two car garage, but is 3 stories high. I use this as a
    comparrison for those who have never seen a real castle. In the remake
    of the film a few years back, they used the real Roxburgh Castle as
    Greystoke, of which two of such would fit in Roxgburgh´s great hall.
    When they did the most recent Mary Queen of Scots film, they could not
    use the contemporary parts of Hollyrood, as the rooms were too small to
    have cameras, lights, and action. In the earlier (Hepburn) black and
    white version, the grand stair case of Holyrood (should have been a
    spiral too narrow for two to pass), would have put Buckingham Palace to
    shame, not to mention all those actors running around in modern
    military kilts and sets.