St Andrews 2005 - DVD

  • ...

    mlamontbrown June 21, 2006, 2:01 p.m. (Message 45603)

    A compilation DVD of St Andrews 2005 (Weeks 3&4) is now available, in both PAL &
    NTSC.

    Will anyone who is interested in purchasing a copy please contact me for details

    Malcolm

    Malcolm L Brown
    York  (UK)
  • ...

    Stella Fogg June 21, 2006, 3:27 p.m. (Message 45605, in reply to message 45603)

    Hi Malcolm,

    I would like a copy please in NTSC for the US. Please send details.

    Thanks
    Stella
  • ...

    Stella Fogg June 21, 2006, 3:32 p.m. (Message 45607, in reply to message 45605)

    One of these days I'll learn!

    Sorry

    Stella
    Richmond, VA
  • ...

    Loretta Holz June 21, 2006, 3:43 p.m. (Message 45609, in reply to message 45603)

    Stella said--
    >I would like a copy please in NTSC for the US. Please send details.
    Malcolm said--
    > A compilation DVD of St Andrews 2005 (Weeks 3&4) is now available, in
    both
    > PAL & NTSC. Will anyone who is interested in purchasing a copy please
    contact me for details

    Could you possibly post the details here as I'm sure many others besides
    Stella and I would be interested?
    Thanks--
    Loretta
    Warren, NJ, USA
  • ...

    Anselm Lingnau June 21, 2006, 3:58 p.m. (Message 45611, in reply to message 45603)

    Loretta Holz wrote:

    > Could you possibly post the details here as I'm sure many others besides
    > Stella and I would be interested?

    I would like to remind everyone of the Strathspey usage policy which says that
    announcements of products and services related to Scottish dancing (as
    opposed to the size or function of various body parts, the acquisition of
    dubious academic qualifications or stock in equally dubious companies, etc.,
    of which yours truly throws out about two dozen every day that some
    sleazeball tries to send to you all) are welcome on this list. In fact they
    are one of the things that this list is meant for.

    This includes ordering and pricing information, unless as a purveyor of such
    wares you would rather not see things like your postal address sent to
    everybody (and archived for public access for the foreseeable future).

    The only thing I would like to ask is to keep these announcements brief and to
    the point and not to repeat them very often.

    Anselm
    Unlike human beings, computers possess the truly profound stupidity of the
    inanimate.                           -- Bruce Sterling, *The Hacker Crackdown*
  • ...

    mlamontbrown June 21, 2006, 6:29 p.m. (Message 45618, in reply to message 45611)

    > Anselm Lingnau, Frankfurt, Germany ..................... xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    > Unlike human beings, computers possess the truly profound stupidity of the
    > inanimate.                           -- Bruce Sterling, *The Hacker Crackdown*

    I have just been asking people who want the DVD to send me their postal address, and
    realised I hadn't put mine out - I thought the comment on the end of Anselm's message
    seemed somewhat appropriate.

    Anyway, for people who need to contact me by post, my address is

    8 Copper Beech Close
    Dunnington
    York
    YO19 5PY
    UK

    Malcolm

    Malcolm L Brown
    York  (UK)
  • ...

    John K. Andrews June 21, 2006, 5:36 p.m. (Message 45613, in reply to message 45603)

    Malcolm,

    I would like a copy formatted in NTSC for the US.

    Jay

    J. K. Andrews
    Alexandria, VA, USA
  • ...

    mlamontbrown June 21, 2006, 6:18 p.m. (Message 45616, in reply to message 45603)

    Loretta indicated that people would be interested in knowing a bit more about the
    DVD.

    The DVD lasts over an hour and shows all of the Younger Hall displays in full,
    (Country dances:
    Preston Mill; Sands of Morar; Napier's Index; Saltire Strathspey - Ladies Step: Come
    Ashore Jolly Tar & The Way Tae Fife - Mixed Highland: Argyll Broadswords & a Highland
    Medley), together with excerpts from the ceilidh and general dancing, and a few shots
    around St Andrews.

    The cost is 10 GBP (including postage) for Europe, and 12GBP (or the equivalent) for
    places further away, such as the US.  I can accept payment either as cheques or
    through PayPal (or even as UK bank notes!)

    Malcolm

    Malcolm L Brown
    York  (UK)
  • ...

    Martin June 21, 2006, 6:56 p.m. (Message 45619, in reply to message 45603)

    mlamontbrown wrote:

    > The DVD lasts over an hour and shows all of the Younger Hall displays
    > in full, (Country dances: ...

    Sounds interesting. I'm tempted.

    Did you evermake a dvd of our last two French holidays?
    I'll have the lot, if you did (remembering the excelent quality of the
    first cassette you made of the Grenoble holiday).

    Just about to embark on n° 4 -- we'll be thinking of you.

    All the best,

    Martin
  • ...

    mlamontbrown June 22, 2006, 10:17 a.m. (Message 45635, in reply to message 45619)

    Hi Martin

    I'm afraid I haven't got round to editing 2004 or 2005 Grenoble / etc (or Japan 2004
    or World tour 2005) ---- and all the cassettes are sitting there, looking very
    reproachful!

    I find the trouble with retirement is that I get very easily sidetracked.

    I hope that everything goes well with this year's course - we are gradually getting
    ourselves geared up to a visit to Canada, including the TAC summer school, in about 4
    weeks time (and we have our granddaughters to stay for two weeks before then!)

    Malcolm

    Malcolm L Brown
    York  (UK)

    Of