LIST UNSUBSCRIBE

B McIntyre

June 14, 2006, 4:33 p.m. (Message 45550)

Ian Brockbank <xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:  Hi Robert,

> Nobody has pointed out that the dance is much improved by being done as a
> duple minor(ie numbered one two one two one two all down the line of
> dancers). Everybody starts as if couples one and two, and the dance then
> goes on with the minimum number of people standing doing nothing. I was
> horified the first time I met it as a four couple dance, though I am
assured
> that it was originally intended as such. I plead the Mairi's Wedding reel
> protocol!

I have to disagree here. This way if I start as a 1 I don't ever get
that challenge of getting into line smoothly. I'm just doing the same
thing 8 times. I would rather have some variety to what I'm dancing.

Cheers,

Ian Brockbank
Edinburgh, Scotland
xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
http://www.scottishdance.net/

http://mail.yahoo.com
maureen vallis

maureen vallis

June 22, 2006, 12:22 a.m. (Message 45628, in reply to message 45550)

Will you please allow me to unsubscribe, for the love of God. How many
times do I have to ask this?
  Maureen

---------------------------------
Melanie D Pratt

Melanie D Pratt

June 22, 2006, 5:35 a.m. (Message 45632, in reply to message 45628)

Maureen,

  to unsubscribe, you need to send an email to the following address:

  xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx

  Sláinte,
  Melanie the Seanachie
  Columbus, OH
  Heather 'n' Thistle RSCDS

maureen vallis <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
  Will you please allow me to unsubscribe, for the love of God. How
  many times do I have to ask this?
Maureen
Melanie D Pratt

Melanie D Pratt

June 22, 2006, 5:36 a.m. (Message 45633, in reply to message 45628)

Maureen,

  to unsubscribe, you need to send an email to the following address:

  xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx

  Sláinte,
  Melanie the Seanachie
  Columbus, OH
  Heather 'n' Thistle RSCDS

maureen vallis <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
  Will you please allow me to unsubscribe, for the love of God. How
  many times do I have to ask this?
Maureen
Anselm Lingnau

Anselm Lingnau

June 22, 2006, 10:50 a.m. (Message 45637, in reply to message 45633)

Melanie D Pratt wrote:

>   to unsubscribe, you need to send an email to the following address:

I must admit that I generally ignore individual requests from people to be
unsubscribed. There are instructions on how to unsubscribe on
www.strathspey.org as well as in every single message sent out from
Strathspey (albeit hidden away in the header), so someone who can handle the
intricacies of SCD should be able to figure *that* out for themselves --
especially since they must somehow have managed to subscribe, and the
procedure is very similar! IIRC, the list manager also sends out a message
with instructions on how to unsubscribe once you first subscribe, so you may
want to hang on to that as well.

I must also admit that I haven't been very diligent in getting the Mailman web
interface to work. It doesn't really fit our server setup, and as far as this
list is concerned Mailman is living on borrowed time, anyway, so for the time
being, to unsubscribe, follow Melanie's advice.

Anselm
That's the thing about people who think they hate computers. What they really
hate is lousy programmers.                                      -- Larry Niven