Slainte Mhor

e.ferguson

May 12, 2006, 6:52 p.m. (Message 45269)

Last night we danced Slainte Mhor.

At Rechberg (2004) we were taught

17-	All W RH across, at the end pivot R to face P ; set to P | turn RH ½ to
put the men in the middle

25-	All M LH across, at the end pivot L to face P ; set to P | turn LH into
promenade hold

This time we were taught that both the Women make a LH across for bars 17
to 20.  It flows better from the preceding hands round, but is less
symmetrical with 25-28.

Can anyone with the original instruction clarify what is right?

Happy dancing,

Eric
--
Eric T. Ferguson,
van Reenenweg 3, 3702 SB  ZEIST  Netherlands

suepetyt

May 12, 2006, 7:13 p.m. (Message 45270, in reply to message 45269)

If you go to www.streaming-pictures.co.uk/catalogue.htm and look at the CD
or DVD We Twa you will find that the music has been recorded - if you click
on the name of the dance you will be taken to Moira Stacey's (the devisor's)
website and the full instructions.

If you have problems get in touch and I will put you in touch with Moira
direct.

Happy Dancing
Sue Petyt
www.suepetyt.me.uk
Skype Sue Petyt
Mary Anderson

Mary Anderson

May 14, 2006, 1:11 a.m. (Message 45285, in reply to message 45269)

--- Eric Ferguson <x.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx> wrote:

> Last night we danced Slainte Mhor.
>
> At Rechberg (2004) we were taught
>
> 17-	All W RH across, at the end pivot R to face P ;
> set to P | turn RH ½ to
> put the men in the middle
>
> 25-	All M LH across, at the end pivot L to face P ;
> set to P | turn LH into
> promenade hold
>
> This time we were taught that both the Women make a
> LH across for bars 17
> to 20.  It flows better from the preceding hands
> round, but is less
> symmetrical with 25-28.
>
> Can anyone with the original instruction clarify
> what is right?
>
> Happy dancing,
>
> Eric
> --
> Eric T. Ferguson,
> van Reenenweg 3, 3702 SB  ZEIST  Netherlands
> tel: (+31)(0) 30-2673638
> e-mail: x.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx
>
> The notes I have are the same as you were taught
originally & that is the way that I teach it.

  Hope this helps.
  Mary Anderson
suepetyt

suepetyt

May 14, 2006, 2:25 p.m. (Message 45287, in reply to message 45285)

I forgot to mention - there is a DVD of Slainte Mhor (and other dances by
Moira Stacey) being demonstrated.  Moira was giving instructions to the
dancers, so they definitely did it correctly.  DVD is available at
www.streaming-pictures.co.uk/catalogue.htm

Happy Dancing
Sue Petyt
www.suepetyt.me.uk
Skype Sue Petyt
moira

moira

May 26, 2006, 8:13 p.m. (Message 45403, in reply to message 45269)

Hello-I'm new to the list & found comments on my dance "Slainte Mhor"
Firstly, there is no pivoting! At least, it wasn't written that way!
Women dance right hands across, men left hands across.
The promenade is clockwise both times.
Full instructions are on www.moirastacey.com
Enjoy the dance
Moira
moira

moira

June 8, 2006, 4:38 p.m. (Message 45464, in reply to message 45269)

Please would you amend the dance data and put my name as the devisor
of Slainte Mhor-64 bar reel. Thanks, Moira