Welcome to the "Strathspey" mailing list

  • ...

    Eckhard Lewin May 4, 2006, 1:29 p.m. (Message 45153)

    Good Afternoon,

    just a test to check the participation to the list.

    regards

    Eckhard
  • ...

    John Chambers May 5, 2006, 4:06 a.m. (Message 45161, in reply to message 45153)

    | Good Afternoon,
    |
    | just a test to check the participation to the list.
    |
    | regards
    |
    | Eckhard

    (Hey, everyone; let's keep quiet and make him think
    there's nobody here ...)

    --
       _,
       O   John Chambers

    Eckhard Lewin May 5, 2006, 12:03 p.m. (Message 45166, in reply to message 45161)

    > John wrote:
    > "let's keep quiet and make him think there's nobody here"

    When Papageno entered into the hall of the Temple, he asked: "No one here?
    I'll wait a little longer, while I count: one, two, three!"
    During the time, he did not get response, he said:

    "Speak up: Yes, or no!
    No one hears me, all is silent.
    So this, then, is your decission?
    I'll wait a little longer,
    while I count: one, two, three!
    One!....Two!
    Then play your bells.
    What a fool I am! I forgott the magic instrument!
    Resound, magic bells, resound!
    	beep, beep, beeeeep!
    Ring, little bells, ring!
    	beep, beep, beeeeep!
    Hey! Papageno, look over here!
    But hush, I hear a fearful rushing noise,
    like rolling thunder and cascading water!
    They are in the hall of the Temple."

    Papageno in "The magig flute / Zauberflöte" (W.A.Mozart)

    beep, beep, beeeeep!

    :-)

    Eckhard

    | just a test to check the participation to the list.
    |
    | regards
    |
    | Eckhard

    (Hey, everyone; let's keep quiet and make him think
    there's nobody here ...)

    --
       _,
       O   John Chambers
     <:#/> <xx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx>
       +   <xxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
      /#\  in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
      | |
      ' `
  • ...

    Ron Mackey May 6, 2006, 1:23 a.m. (Message 45174, in reply to message 45166)

    > When Papageno entered into the hall of the Temple, he asked: "No one here?

    Oh, yes!
    	After that I propose we elect him a member!  Any NO's?
  • ...

    Ron Mackey May 6, 2006, 1:23 a.m. (Message 45172, in reply to message 45153)

    >    _,
    >    O   John Chambers
    >  <:#/> <xx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx>
    >    +   <xxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
    >   /#\  in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
    >   | |
    >   ' `

    Oho, John's got himself a wee mannie.  Good effort!