"CD will mostly be used in class"

Volleyballjerry

March 25, 2006, 12:04 a.m. (Message 44873)

In a message dated 03/24/2006 3:43:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx writes:

> Chances are that the CD will mostly be used in class, anyway.

I infer that Anselm is implying an assumption for live music at social
events.  This is generally not the case in our San Gabriel Valley (Southern
California) Branch.  And it may well also be likewise across much of North America.
In our case, live music, which we certainly value, is alas only enjoyed at a
couple of major events per year.  At our more numerous monthly dances we use
recorded music.  It's primarily a matter of economics.

Robb Quint
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
Anselm Lingnau

Anselm Lingnau

March 27, 2006, 10:03 a.m. (Message 44887, in reply to message 44873)

Robb Quint wrote:

> xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx writes:
> > Chances are that the CD will mostly be used in class, anyway.
>
> I infer that Anselm is implying an assumption for live music at social
> events.

I don't assume social events generally have live music. I assume that there
are many more classes than social events, which is certainly the case here in
Germany -- we have one or two social events each weekend in all of the
country, but 50+ groups running weekly classes.

Anselm
There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that
is not being talked about.        -- Oscar Wilde, *The Picture of Dorian Gray*