The Ruby Strathspey

Kathleen Johnson

March 22, 2006, 7:25 p.m. (Message 44841)

Hi!
I am trying to find a set of original instructions for The Ruby
Strathspey.

It appears in minicrib as a 4 X 32 strathspey, and refers to the RSCDS
Croydon Branch Ruby Anniversary, but when I go to this source I find a 4
X 48 strathspey (devised by Barbara Barnes), and quite different from
the one in minicribs.

The dance I am looking for was danced at Pawling in 2003, at their 40th
weekend.

Can someone help?

Kay Munn
Kingston, ON
Chris1Ronald

Chris1Ronald

March 22, 2006, 7:48 p.m. (Message 44842, in reply to message 44841)

Kay wrote:
"I am trying to find a set of original instructions for The  Ruby
Strathspey."

Reply sent privately.

Chris, New York.
Angus Henry

Angus Henry

March 23, 2006, 4:14 a.m. (Message 44853, in reply to message 44841)

The 4x32 version you are looking for is in the Ladies of Dunse
booklet -- available from TACBooks

Angus
Alan Paterson

Alan Paterson

March 23, 2006, 7:55 a.m. (Message 44854, in reply to message 44841)

On 22/03/2006 19:25, Kay Munn wrote:
> Hi!
> I am trying to find a set of original instructions for The Ruby
> Strathspey.
>
> It appears in minicrib as a 4 X 32 strathspey, and refers to the RSCDS
> Croydon Branch Ruby Anniversary, but when I go to this source I find a 4
> X 48 strathspey (devised by Barbara Barnes), and quite different from
> the one in minicribs.

Minicrib is describing the dance by Margaret Waddell from the book
Ladies of Dunse. In my copy of Minicrib (admittedly not the newest)
there is no reference to any publication. Perhaps Charles has inserted
the wrong one?

Alan

P.S. There is also a 3rd Ruby Strathspey by John Moore (North Ayrshire).