The Cranberry Tart

Ron Mackey

March 18, 2006, 12:27 a.m. (Message 44737)

I enclose a message from a friend,- yes another one!  I have
several actually! :)
	I have deleted the recent mail on the subject.  Help please?

last week i went  to a dayschool and learnt a new dance called the
cranberry
tart which i liked very much  the dance was written by terry glasspool and
comes from the states   a book called the seven year itch

i know you get dances from the states and wondered if you knew any way i
could get hold of this  i have written it out for myself by memory  but it
would be nice to have the correct instructions
Happy Dancing,
Ron   :)

Ron Mackey
Mottingham, London
London, Croydon & International Branches
Volleyballjerry

Volleyballjerry

March 18, 2006, 2:34 a.m. (Message 44739, in reply to message 44737)

Sending instructions privately to Ron.

Robb Quint
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

In a message dated 03/17/2006 3:54:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
xxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx writes:
Ron Mackey

Ron Mackey

April 12, 2006, 11:43 p.m. (Message 45023, in reply to message 44737)

This seems to be the best thing since Apple Crumble at
school!
	All the groups round here have swallowed it whole.  I even
put it on two weeks running and heard 'Oh, good' after announcing it
the second time!
elissa h

elissa h

April 12, 2006, 11:51 p.m. (Message 45024, in reply to message 45023)

I was lucky enough to do it at a workshop last summer.  It is a very
fun dance!

Elissa
Elainerb

Elainerb

April 13, 2006, 3:54 a.m. (Message 45026, in reply to message 44737)

I'm sure Terry (who wrote it) and Dierdre (for whom it was written)   (she
was wearing a cranberry coloured ball gown) will be delighted.   It is a fun
dance.

Elaine

a message dated 4/12/2006 5:52:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
xxx_xxxxxx@xxx.xxx writes:

I was  lucky enough to do it at a workshop last summer.  It is a very
fun dance!

Elissa
Lee Fuell

Lee Fuell

April 13, 2006, 4:14 p.m. (Message 45033, in reply to message 44737)

Terry Glasspool has written quite a few really nice dances, some of
which he has made available on line at:

http://home.stny.rr.com/glasshall/dances.html

Lee

Arlington, VA & Beavercreek, OH, USA
Marla Manson

Marla Manson

April 13, 2006, 4:47 p.m. (Message 45034, in reply to message 44737)

Where can I find a copy of this dance? Has it been published yet? We would
love to try it.

Marla
 in Revelstoke, BC
Volleyballjerry

Volleyballjerry

April 13, 2006, 5:27 p.m. (Message 45035, in reply to message 44737)

Will send privately to Marla.

Robb Quint
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

In a message dated 04/13/2006 7:46:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx writes:
Martin

Martin

April 13, 2006, 6:30 p.m. (Message 45036, in reply to message 44737)

Volleyballjerry

Volleyballjerry

April 13, 2006, 7:41 p.m. (Message 45037, in reply to message 44737)

Martin,

Terry Glaspool's dedication with the dance instructions mentions that both
the dance and the woman to whom it is dedicated are "fast, fun, and flirty."
The name however is to refer to the color of her dress on a particular
occasion.  The original title, abandoned for some reason (after some "negotiation"
according to Terry), was Fuchsia Shock, clever to my mind.  The double entrendre
of the final title (which you are not the first to mention) either never
occurred to the principals involved or they were unconcerned about it.

In any case, typical of Terry's creations, a very nice dance.

Robb Quint
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

In a message dated 04/13/2006 9:30:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
xx.xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx writes:
Volleyballjerry

Volleyballjerry

April 13, 2006, 7:47 p.m. (Message 45038, in reply to message 44737)

Better proofing needed!  That's Glasspool, not Glaspool (sorry, Terry!) and
of course entendre, not entrendre.

Robb

In a message dated 04/13/2006 10:42:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx writes:
Elainerb

Elainerb

April 14, 2006, 12:44 p.m. (Message 45051, in reply to message 44737)

It's available in Terry's book The seven Year Itch.  Available from  TACbooks.

Elaine

If you like the dance, contact TACbooks and buy the book, it's only a  few
dollars, and there are lots of really good dances in it.

Elaine
James Tween

James Tween

April 16, 2006, 8:19 p.m. (Message 45056, in reply to message 45051)

Is there anything wrong with what I did, which was to search for the dance
on Google, using something like "Cranberry Tart" and "1-8" as keywords
(within inverted commas), in attempt to locate an online crib?  I found it
in a couple of places, where clubs had published crib sheets for their
respective events.

- James -
campbell

campbell

April 20, 2006, 4:53 p.m. (Message 45087, in reply to message 44737)

Lee Fuell wrote:

> Terry Glasspool has written quite a few really nice dances, some of which
> he has made available on line

I taught The Cranberry Tart last night at our class and it went down a
treat.  I can recommend it to anyone.  Also tried The Dee in Spring,
another Terry Glasspool creation available at the on-line site mentioned.
It was a beautiful dance but we only got half way through it as it
stretched my class quite extensively, they having not met the tourbillon
or the set and link for 3 before.  Congratulations to Terry on two lovely
dances.  I have decided to definitely include The Cranberry Tart on our
Cape Town Scottish ball programme in September.

Campbell
Rebecca Sager

Rebecca Sager

April 24, 2006, 2:02 a.m. (Message 45094, in reply to message 44737)

Moira Turner taught The Cranberry Tart on the SCD platform at the Loch
Norman Games yesterday, yes, it is grand! Thank you Moira and Stella -
good to dance with you both during a splendid weekend!
Becky

-- xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx.xx wrote:
Lee Fuell wrote:

> Terry Glasspool has written quite a few really nice dances, some of which
> he has made available on line

I taught The Cranberry Tart last night at our class and it went down a
treat.  I can recommend it to anyone.  Also tried The Dee in Spring,
another Terry Glasspool creation available at the on-line site mentioned.
It was a beautiful dance but we only got half way through it as it
stretched my class quite extensively, they having not met the tourbillon
or the set and link for 3 before.  Congratulations to Terry on two lovely
dances.  I have decided to definitely include The Cranberry Tart on our
Cape Town Scottish ball programme in September.

Campbell
Andrew Buxton

Andrew Buxton

May 12, 2006, 12:43 p.m. (Message 45259, in reply to message 44737)

We tried this in class last night and liked it.  I soon realised that
the key to "calling" the first 16 bars is just to call 1M's part.

There was a query about how 1W gets into the reel across on bar 17.
Some went the short way (left shoulder back) and some the long way
(right shoulder back).  Is this specified?

One member thought that the 1W being chased by 1M must be the tart!

-----
Andrew Buxton
Lewes, East Sussex, UK