reply default

Volleyballjerry

March 12, 2006, 7:24 p.m. (Message 44651)

And, recopied below, is another Strathspey message which has just arrived
sans the "reply to" line, which automatically defaults the reply to the sender.
Why is this???

Robb

In a message dated 03/12/2006 4:35:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, ParadiseMO
writes:
Steve Wyrick

Steve Wyrick

March 13, 2006, 1:16 a.m. (Message 44670, in reply to message 44651)

Is there a setting in your e-mail program that defaults to sender, Robb?
When I hit "reply" to the original message, it gives me the strathspey
address, not Doug's. Using Microsoft Entourage/Mac.-Steve

--
Steve Wyrick -- Concord, California
Beth Kingsley

Beth Kingsley

March 13, 2006, 3:07 p.m. (Message 44678, in reply to message 44670)

FWIW, I find that what happens when I hit "reply" varies by message, or
maybe by sender.  I haven't monitored closely enough to determine.
"reply-all" also varies, though in almost all cases either reply option
includes the list.  Whether the individual sender is included seems to be
random.

Beth
Washington, DC
Volleyballjerry

Volleyballjerry

March 13, 2006, 5:30 p.m. (Message 44681, in reply to message 44651)

In a message dated 03/13/2006 4:32:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx writes:

> Re: reply default
>  Date: 03/13/2006 4:32:48 AM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx
>  To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> Is there a setting in your e-mail program that defaults to sender, Robb?
> When I hit "reply" to the original message, it gives me the strathspey
> address, not Doug's. Using Microsoft Entourage/Mac.-Steve

No, my default is to the "Reply-to" Strathspey address.  But occasionally, as
in the examples that I've sent along with messages, the "Reply-to" line (as
it appears in your message above) is simply missing, omitted, when a message
arrives from the Strathspey.  Only in that case does the reply default to the
"From."  What puzzles me is why that line is occasionally missing from
Strathspey messages received.

Robb