Bern(e) - off topic (was Mapping RSCDS (more high-tech toys))

Sophie Rickebusch

Sophie Rickebusch

Feb. 13, 2006, 6:31 p.m. (Message 44248)

Funnily enough, the Encyclopaedia Britannica has the city and canton under "Bern"
but also includes an entry for the "Berne Convention" (with the alternative spelling
mentioned in both cases). The Oxford reference online seems to have a happy
mixture of both, with the "English" spelling given as "Berne" in the English-Italian
dictionary and "Bern" in the English-Spanish one!

And for those of you who don't know the place, it definitely doesn't qualify as an
Invalid City: it's got a lot of topography and you have to be pretty fit to walk or
cycle around it :-)

Sophie

Quoting xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx:

--