Don't give credit to devisers

  • ...

    Peter Hastings Oct. 8, 2001, 2:45 p.m. (Message 27779)

    > All descriptions, cribs and ball programmes should
    > ALWAYS mention the deviser for every dance.

    It is _much_ more useful to cite a source from which a copy of the dance can
    be obtained. I suspect that few devisors (statistics please, Alan) publish
    leaflets and books of only their own dances - most (wild guess) publish the
    occasional dance in compilations published by groups and Branches.

    Peter Hastings
    Royal Observatory
    Edinburgh
    :)
  • ...

    Alan Paterson Oct. 8, 2001, 3:01 p.m. (Message 27780, in reply to message 27779)

    Peter Hastings wrote:

    > > All descriptions, cribs and ball programmes should
    > > ALWAYS mention the deviser for every dance.
    >
    > It is _much_ more useful to cite a source from which a copy of the dance can
    > be obtained. I suspect that few devisors (statistics please, Alan) publish
    > leaflets and books of only their own dances - most (wild guess) publish the
    > occasional dance in compilations published by groups and Branches.

    I have a list of 1643 dance devisers. 187 of these are noted as being 'solo'
    producers of publications.

    I.e. 11%

    Alan