Dance - Australian Walkabout

Alan Paterson

Oct. 7, 2001, 12:33 p.m. (Message 27772)

Does anyone have any information on the dance of this name?

I find that my (hastily written no doubt) notes are vague on a few
points - in particular as to the name of the devisor.

Perhaps someone from the Antipodes?

Alan
Jan Wilson

Jan Wilson

Oct. 8, 2001, 8:15 a.m. (Message 27777, in reply to message 27772)

Can't find a dance of that title in my records,  however 'Gushet Neuk'  in
the Glasgow Assembly book (devised by Bob Campbell) was originally titled
"Let's All Go Walkabout".  Could this be the dance in question?
Alternatively Keith Napier <xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx> would probably be able to
clarify the matter.

Jan Wilson
Alexandria, Sydney
Australia
Gill Reynolds

Gill Reynolds

Oct. 21, 2001, 5:49 p.m. (Message 27946, in reply to message 27772)

Alan

only just catching up with Strathspey: could the dance be Etta's Walkabout
(a Strathspey danced to the tune of Waltzing Matilda) by Ruth Rintoul and in
one of the Alba books?

best wishes

Gill
Alan Paterson

Alan Paterson

Oct. 22, 2001, 9:02 a.m. (Message 27950, in reply to message 27946)

Gill Reynolds wrote:

> Alan
>
> only just catching up with Strathspey: could the dance be Etta's Walkabout
> (a Strathspey danced to the tune of Waltzing Matilda) by Ruth Rintoul and in
> one of the Alba books?

Oh dear. Don't have ANY Alba books, nor any information on Ruth Rintoul. What a
poor excuse for a comprehensive database!

Any volunteers?

Alan

P.S. The dance is definitely called "Australian Walkabout" - but no-one knows
anything about it.