Incredible Dance escape this year ?

  • ...

    Martin.Sheffield Sept. 25, 2001, 7:47 p.m. (Message 27509)

    Marilynn wrote:
    >Dear Strathspey Dance Friend whom I look forward to meeting on a dance floor
    >someday,

    Since Anselm has so obligingly arranged for us to get our musical opinions
    together (dare I say " on my hinting?"), perhaps he will arrange for
    Marilynn's request to cope true, too -- a grand strathspey ball so that
    Marilynn and I (and all the other remaining list members) can have a dance
    and gaze, not only into each other's prose.

    On a mid-Atlantic island -- preferably without monkeys, please,
    Anselm.

    The sun has started shining again !!!

    Martin,
     in Grenoble, France.

     http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scots.in.france/
                  (dance groups,  events,  some new dances ...)
  • ...

    Patricia Ruggiero Sept. 25, 2001, 9:26 p.m. (Message 27513, in reply to message 27509)

    Martin asked:

    "Since Anselm has so obligingly arranged for us to get our musical opinions
    together (dare I say " on my hinting?"), perhaps he will arrange for
    Marilynn's request to cope true, too -- a grand strathspey ball so that
    Marilynn and I (and all the other remaining list members) can have a dance
    and gaze, not only into each other's prose."

    May I suggest one of Ken McFarland's tours?  The May/June trip, SCD in
    castles and manor houses in SW England, with Dave Wiesler (piano), Elke
    Baker (fiddle), and Robert McOwen (bass), matched my idea of heaven.  Even
    the food was good.

    Pat
  • ...

    Marilynn Knight Sept. 25, 2001, 11:42 p.m. (Message 27515, in reply to message 27509)

    Let's be the "United Nations of Scottish Country Dance" and have a Grand
    'Strathspey-ers' Ball.  Where?  In Scotland, of course.....  Martin, you are
    full of good ideas.  If all the strathspeyers are as wonderful as the ones I
    met at Ramblewood, then aren't we Blessed!!!!

    Best,
    Marilynn
    Where kindness is the most healing weather of all
  • ...

    Pia Walker Sept. 25, 2001, 9:18 p.m. (Message 27529, in reply to message 27509)

    Greenland ???

    or Iceland???

    or what about Ireland -

    All three islands definitely no monkeys.

    Pia
  • ...

    Priscilla M. Burrage Sept. 26, 2001, 4:45 p.m. (Message 27532, in reply to message 27529)

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Pia Walker wrote:

    > Greenland ???
    >
    > or Iceland???
    >
    > or what about Ireland -
    >
    > All three islands definitely no monkeys.

    What's wrong with monkeys?

    How about the Azores, far more centrally located mid-Atlantic than the
    cold, wet islands of the north.  After a little wine, the monkeys will
    turn out to be the best dancers.

    > From: M Sheffield <xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx>
    > Subject: Incredible Dance escape this year ?
    > > Marilynn wrote:
    > >
    > > On a mid-Atlantic island -- preferably without monkeys, please,
    > > Anselm.
    > >
    > > The sun has started shining again !!!

    Yes, we have sunshine also!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Priscilla Burrage       Vermont US
    (xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xxx)
  • ...

    Pia Walker Sept. 26, 2001, 5:51 p.m. (Message 27533, in reply to message 27532)

    With all the Scottish Dancers bringing their music and themselves, there's
    no need for monkeys :>)

    Pia
  • ...

    Martin.Sheffield Sept. 26, 2001, 10:04 p.m. (Message 27546, in reply to message 27532)

    At 10:45 26/09/01 -0400, you wrote:

    >How about the Azores, far more centrally located mid-Atlantic than the
    >cold, wet islands of the north.

    We think along the same lines, Priscilla; definitely the place to go --
    we're counting on the Frankfurt uni travel agent :-)

    >After a little wine, the monkeys will
    >turn out to be the best dancers.

    Speak for yourself !
    *I* can dance as well as *any* monkey !

    Martin,
     in Grenoble, France.

     http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scots.in.france/
                  (dance groups,  events,  some new dances ...)
  • ...

    Bryan McAlister Sept. 27, 2001, 10:56 a.m. (Message 27549, in reply to message 27532)

    In article <xxxx.xxx.x.xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxx-xxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xxx>,
    Priscilla M. Burrage <xxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xxx> writes

    >> or Iceland???
    >>
    >> or what about Ireland -
    >>
    >> All three islands definitely no monkeys.
    >

    >What's wrong with monkeys?

    Why not go for baboons, multicoloured a..ses would look good in a kilt..
    Bryan McAlister B Arch RIBA ARIAS
    Web page www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk
    Email xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xx.xx
    Mobile phone 07801 793849
    FAX number - 0870 052 7625
  • ...

    Jim Healy Sept. 26, 2001, 4:12 p.m. (Message 27531, in reply to message 27509)

    Greetings!

    But it already exists! :) Perth, 2-3 November 2001. The Society AGM weekend.
    Ball on the Friday night, Dance on the Saturday night. Currently, numbers
    are approaching 700 and we still have room for more.

    Application forms available from HQ or from the Secretary of Perth &
    Perthshire Branch, a certain...

    Jim Healy
  • ...

    Marilynn Knight Sept. 26, 2001, 5:33 p.m. (Message 27534, in reply to message 27509)

    Catherine Shaw taught a darling dance this past week end at R'wood, 'Twiddle
    in the Middle'.... Talk of monkeys somehow reminded me.... Question:  Do
    monkeys twiddle?
  • ...

    ron.mackey Sept. 27, 2001, 1:39 a.m. (Message 27538, in reply to message 27534)

    > With all the Scottish Dancers bringing their music and themselves, there's
    > no need for monkeys :>)
    >
    > Pia

    	Pia,
    		If my experience of very large gatherings is anything to go by
    there will still be a few...  :~)
    	Now here's where I get to be jumped on........

    Cheers,  Ron   :)

     < 0   Ron Mackey,(Purveyor of Pat's Party Pieces)
      'O>  Mottingham,
      /#\  London. UK.
       l>
    xxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
  • ...

    Marilynn Knight Sept. 27, 2001, 1:44 p.m. (Message 27553, in reply to message 27509)

    Jumped on by monkeys, Ron?  :):)):