Questions to the Webmaster

  • ...

    Oliver Thinius Sept. 18, 2001, 11:42 p.m. (Message 27430)

    Anselm,

    I haven't got your E-mail to send this off the newsboard. But maybe
    this covers other peoples' interests as well as mine. Two questions:

    1) Would it be possible to have the full e-mail addresses of the
    people sending their messages in the list of contents of each digest?
    Sometimes I would like to answer to messages off the mailing list and
    can't.

    2) Is the Digest a complete list of submissions of a time period or
    is it a monitored or screened issue (moderierte Veröffentlichung)?
    For example I have seen messages 27409 and 27411 in the digest, but
    not 27410.

    Best regards,

    Oliver Thinius
    xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx
  • ...

    Anselm Lingnau Sept. 19, 2001, 1:04 a.m. (Message 27435, in reply to message 27430)

    Oliver Thinius <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx> writes:

    > 1) Would it be possible to have the full e-mail addresses of the
    > people sending their messages in the list of contents of each digest?
    > Sometimes I would like to answer to messages off the mailing list and
    > can't.

    The full e-mail address of the submitter is contained in each individual
    posting in the digest (rather than the table of contents, which would
    probably look a lot more cluttered with the addresses included). I don't
    know whether your e-mail program actually lets you see the address but
    it is certainly there when the digest is sent out.

    > 2) Is the Digest a complete list of submissions of a time period or
    > is it a monitored or screened issue (moderierte Veröffentlichung)?
    > For example I have seen messages 27409 and 27411 in the digest, but
    > not 27410.

    The digest contains every single message that goes across the main list
    (I wouldn't have time to moderate it, anyway). In fact my copy of
    yesterday's digest (issue 83) says

      strathspey Digest 18 Sep 2001 16:42:46 -0000 Issue 83

      Topics (messages 27391 through 27413):
      [...]

      Afghan opinion
    	27409 by: TayHaven
    	27410 by: RuddBaron.aol.com

      Dancing in London
    	27411 by: Liz Connolly

    and message 27410 is actually there in the digest, too. If your digest
    looks noticeably different I would be interested in the details, but as
    far as I can tell everything that I can actually control is in order. If
    your mail program makes a hash of it (which does seem to happen with
    some of them) then this is obviously not something I can do a lot about.

    Anselm